HT1250 Full Housing Kit Part Numbers

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

JPOPatents

HT1250 Full Housing Kit Part Numbers

Post by JPOPatents »

Does anyone know the difference between the following two housing part numbers that are listed on MOL? These are full housing kits for the HT1250 full keypad model.

PMLN4199E - PREF FULL FRONT COVER CONV-EPP and PMLN4199G - PREF FULL FRONT COVER CONV-EPP.

Also, do you know what is meant by the "conv-epp" notation? Earlier part numbers did not carry that notation.

Thanks.
-John
Al

Re: HT1250 Full Housing Kit Part Numbers

Post by Al »

The 'G' version is just a later revision with improvements over the 'E' version. Conv-epp says that the housing is for conventional units, epp=environmentally preferred product.
JPOPatents

Post by JPOPatents »

Al wrote:The 'G' version is just a later revision with improvements over the 'E' version. Conv-epp says that the housing is for conventional units, epp=environmentally preferred product.
Thanks Al. I was curious as to what was different about the "G" version and why Motorola was still selling the "E" version. In fact, if you try to order an earlier version, MOL replaces the part number with the "E" version instead of the "G" version. I guess that there was no "F" version?
-John
Al

Post by Al »

Could be that they're selling off their stock of E versions or that the E is not completely compatible in all applications with the G version. With the complete housings for the HT750, for example, they're up to G revisions, but some of the parts(i.e. O rings, control top seals, etc.) are not completely compatible with earlier housing revisions, so you can still buy the "old" style O rings, control top seals, and a few other silicone rubber parts as well as the "new" style ones. In the HT750 case, the service manual says you should replace the above rubber parts if you replace an "old" housing with the "new" style housing(they tell you how to differentiate between the new and old style housings).
AEC
No Longer Registered

Post by AEC »

The differences in the cases are where the tab locks are located for the keypad shield/spacer.
They are placed in slightly different locations on the inside of the case and older style shields/spacer retainers do not 'lock' into place with later revisions
of the same case.

Tab placement has just enough of a change to make retrofitting old to new and vice versa troublesome.
JPOPatents

Post by JPOPatents »

AEC wrote:The differences in the cases are where the tab locks are located for the keypad shield/spacer.
They are placed in slightly different locations on the inside of the case and older style shields/spacer retainers do not 'lock' into place with later revisions
of the same case.

Tab placement has just enough of a change to make retrofitting old to new and vice versa troublesome.
Thanks Ernie. I hope that the tab locks in the new housings make it easier to install the shield - the older versions are a bear. I always seem to have the fingers on the shield bend instead of fully locking into place.
-John
AEC
No Longer Registered

Post by AEC »

I remove the shields with a tip of a 1/4 wave, ball on the end, and the other end turned down to a point.

Force the needle end behind the tabs and pry outward, while pushing down...pops the little buggers right out without damaging the case or the shield (usually).

I do one side at a time...easier to pry out the opposite side when there's no pressure working against you.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”