Zetron Model 15P help

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

n9upc

Zetron Model 15P help

Post by n9upc »

Greetings to all,

I had a Zetron Model 15P (Multi-format encoder) that for some reason took a dump on me. Anytime you plug it in now all I get is the red light next to the word talk light up and nothing else - no self-test nothing. I think I may have lost the microprocessor chip. -> So off to eBay I went looking for another encoder.

Well I found another encoder advertised as a Model 15P but it turns out that the format programmed into was only = C2tone (custome 2 tone), Stack, and DTMF. Sadly I have some pagers that are Golay format and need to be able to page with the encoder for emergency kit work (which this old encoder was part of).

So does anyone know if I can take any chips out of the old encoder and place them into the new encoder and have the ability to make it do multi-format???

The encoder boards are all the same, as I have opened both the enocders up and compared board #'s & rev's to one another. I tried to call Zetron for the broken encoder and they said they want to charge me $95/hour 2 hour bench test time min + all repair costs charged to a credit card. In addition they will not call with a total before charging just a test & fix OR nothing. Being on a dept budget or personal budget just will not allow that to happen.

Any help?
" ah the fatman made a funny!" - Stewie from the family guy.

I went to the doctor and all he did was just suck blood. Never go to Dr Acula - M. Hedberg
amraam840
New User

Re: Zetron Model 15P help

Post by amraam840 »

Have you had any luck with this? I picked up a Zetron 15P (according to the back label, the front says 15B) tethered to a Motorola C-100 telephone handset. I'm trying to get as much information on this as I can but without much success and this is the first place a search found. If you have any relevent info or links, could you post them please?

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”