Minitor V question(s)

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

radio64

Minitor V question(s)

Post by radio64 »

Greetings all-

I have a couple questions on the Minitor V's programming features...

I'm looking to write a grant for VHF 2 channel units (we're migrating from lowband) and am planning on having an 'agency' frequency for channel 2. I'd like to program the units to scan both dispatch and agency and alert for either, so we can send out messages,etc. Not reinventing the wheel, I'm planning on the same tone set for the agency channel. My question is (since I've never had a scanning pager) can this be done? I'd like to set up the units to scan on 3 of the 4 settings: quiet, open, and vibe (for A, B, C)

And, on my lowband with stored voice: recently I've been getting open squelch after pager opens for tones (a/b or long c) and continues until I reset it manually. I haven't reprogramed it and it never used to do this... any ideas or suggestions? Thanks, Ben
ai4ui
was kf4pxz

Re: Minitor V question(s)

Post by ai4ui »

radio64 wrote: Not reinventing the wheel, I'm planning on the same tone set for the agency channel. My question is (since I've never had a scanning pager) can this be done? I'd like to set up the units to scan on 3 of the 4 settings: quiet, open, and vibe (for A, B, C)
Yes, the pager can easily be programmed with these settings. Each frequency has its own tone settings and then you assign the selection & operational mode to the ABCD switch.

Since you are migrating from low band this close to 2013, I hope you are getting narrowband licenses and infrustructure. If not you will have to do this all over again soon.

RG
Wyrd bið ful ãræd, Fate is inexorable...
radio64

Post by radio64 »

ai4ui wrote:
Since you are migrating from low band this close to 2013, I hope you are getting narrowband licenses and infrustructure. If not you will have to do this all over again soon.

RG
Yup, the County Dispatch center is in phase 1 of a 3 phase project (1 is replacing the microwave equipment to handle the additional frequencies, 2 is the licensing of the VHF dispatch frequencies and buying the hardware, 3 is station equipment for the FD's i.e: siren controling monitors...)

My portion of the regional grant is to get VHF (NB) frequencies for the FD's, mobiles, portables and pagers for the FD's... A hefty project for 1/3 of the FD's in my County amounting to just under $500,000.00. The plan is to be able to use the 'agency' channel for "administrative" traffic, as well as using them for training and alarms (shared for large incidences i.e: one channel for water supply, one for roof ops, one for interior, etc...) Thanks for the help! Ben
ki4ccz

Post by ki4ccz »

My fire department has some VHF models that are experiencing the squelch opening and we have to press the manual reset to stop the open squelch. We have one that the squelch opens and stays open. Will not reset.
These are programmed for tone alert on F1, F2, and F3 with F4 as a scan for F1 and F2. These are only opening the squelch when on F4, the scan mode.

Any ideas? I see you never got an answer for your open squelch situation.

Thanks,
KI4CCZ
MassFD
Batboard $upporter

Post by MassFD »

Just be carefull that the frequencys are within the "split" of the pager.

Minitor 5's do not cover the entire band and the frequencys need to be close to each other, even then 1 of them may require 1 split and the other may be in another split.
Cause Motorola said so that's why

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”