Maxtrax Codeplug question

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ronsky56
New User

Maxtrax Codeplug question

Post by ronsky56 »

Hi
I have 3 motorola maxtrac gm 300 VHF 2 are 16 channels and one is a 32 channel
one of the 16 channels reads it code plug at 320 Blocks and the other 2 radios the 32 ch and the other 16 channel read it as 64 Blocks
the one that has 320 blocks reads and writes fine and works great but is it right??? thats a 5 times difference in size ?
what am i missing here or adding here ? should all the code plugs be 64 blocks ??

ThX for any information

Ron D
Al

Re: Maxtrax Codeplug question

Post by Al »

The only Maxtracs that I have seen that read a 320 block codeplug are trunking radios. Is it possible that yours was converted from a trunking radio or has trunking firmware on the eprom?
RADIOMAN2002
What radios do you own?: More than I can count

Post by RADIOMAN2002 »

The 32 channel Maxtrac reads 320 blocks, has to do with the firmware.
kcbooboo
Batboard $upporter

Post by kcbooboo »

On MaxTracs (and Radiuses), and probably GM300s as well, the choice of 64 or 320 code plug blocks is made by agreement between the firmware and RSS and is dependent on the model number (number of modes), features (such as scanning and signaling), and accessories. I have blanked and initialized one radio with the latest 32-channel firmware, selected different options, and ended up with both code plug sizes.

Bob M.

Return to “Radio Programming”