Triggering TRBO Panic externally

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KO6UX
New User

Triggering TRBO Panic externally

Post by KO6UX »

Hi all,

Does anyone know if its possible to trigger the Panic setting on a TRBO portable externally, such as through an audio accessory attached to the radio? I know on some Motorola portables you can trigger the panic by pulling a certain pin on the accessory connector low.
bezking
What radios do you own?: /\/\

Re: Triggering TRBO Panic externally

Post by bezking »

I saw an install with the Trbo mobile in a Toyota Camry where they mounted a button somewhere in the car and when it was pressed the radio's emergency activated, so I think it's possible but don't know exactly how he did it.
The bandsplit is only a suggestion.

khw
What radios do you own?: Quantars, Quantros, APX, XTS..

Post by khw »

According to the service manual, it's generally programmed via CPS on Prgm_In_4 which translates to pin 23 on the rear connector.

Excerpt:

23 Prgm_In_4 (Emergency) Programmable Input with dedicated function for Emergency Switch

• Prgm_I_4 (Emergency): Dedicated input that is having the function of Emergency
(Emerg_Sw). This signal connects to the MAKO EMERG_PB (U3200 pin F4) as an input.

Hope that helps,

Kevin
Kevin
KO6UX
New User

Post by KO6UX »

That's for the mobile. I am trying to trigger panic with a portable.

From looking at the Motorola RSM with a panic switch it looks like the panic is triggered by pulling pin 12 on the accessory connector low. However, this appears to only work when an IMPRES RSM is attached to the radio. Since the setup I am using is not IMPRES, pulling pin 12 low doesn't trigger the panic button.

I guess the question becomes: how does the TRBO know that an accessory is or is not IMPRES.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”