HT1250 RSSI meter

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

K9HX

HT1250 RSSI meter

Post by K9HX »

A HT1250 followed me home form the Hamvention, and seems to to be working well, with the exception that I have no RSSI bar graph on the display. The radio is running firmware R05.13.04, and I am using CPS R06.11.10 to program it. I have looked everything over in the codeplug, and cannot find anywhere to either enable or disable the RSSI indicator. Any ideas? Thanks,

Kevin Berlen
Al

Re: HT1250 RSSI meter

Post by Al »

To determine whether the display is working properly, put the HT in button test mode. Within 5 seconds after powerup, push side button 2 five times. Then hold SB2 in until display shows "LCD test". Push SB1 repeatedly until "icon test" appears in display, then push SB1 until all icons are displayed. The Rx RSSI indicator bars should be one of the icons displayed. If you have the RSSI icon, time to use the tuner to [re]calibrate/check. If I recall, the RSSI icon is driven from a frontend AGC circuit that also serves to minimize overload of the 1st RF amp.
K9HX

Post by K9HX »

Al, thanks for the lead...I tried the display test, and the RSSI icon does appear. I brought the radio into the shop, and I can get the bar graph to begin to read with about 60uv input signal. I get the antenna symbol only at this signal strength. I suspect an alignment will take care of the issue. Thanks again,

Kevin
K9HX

Post by K9HX »

One final update. An alignment of the receiver front end and RSSI calibration fixed the problem. The RSSI calibration was a mile off. Thanks again,

Kevin, K9HX

Return to “Radio Programming”