HT1250 Problems

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

cduda
What radios do you own?: GP300, HT1250, CDM1250

HT1250 Problems

Post by cduda »

Hello.

I have searched the board and cannot find any results.

I have an HT1250 radio that all of a sudden will not turn on. It has not been exposed to any water or programming as was just in my car as always. I have tried multiple different batteries and made sure all the contacts are good and still nothing.

Any ideas what may be wrong or what else I can do to test or try?

Thanks
AEC
No Longer Registered

Re: HT1250 Problems

Post by AEC »

Sounds like the fuse blew...
You have to remove the board, and next to the three contacts, on the left side, will be a TINY SMD fuse marked like this: F405

Test continuity first to determine if indeed, the fuse blew.
Then obtain a replacement and solder it on the board.
Use a tiny dab of superglue from a toothpick, it will greatly aid in the solder task!

P.S. The fuse number was an explantion of the numbering used, not the actual number.
cduda
What radios do you own?: GP300, HT1250, CDM1250

Post by cduda »

Hello

I completed the above test and checked the fuse and all is good. Fuse is good.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.
Al

Post by Al »

Assuming that the radio hasn't been dropped or received a severe physical shock, the next place to check should be the on-off switch portion of the volume control/switch. Once again, you have to remove the front housing then remove the PC board from the chassis to access the switch contacts. If the switch is OK, next stop is the 14.8 Mhz reference oscillator that clocks the uP....with no clock, the uP cannot run to bootup the radio.
radiomama30
New User

Post by radiomama30 »

dependant upon when purchased, it may need a battery containment kit upgrade.
AEC
No Longer Registered

Post by AEC »

Aside from loss of the reference Osc., the simplest check are the FLEX cables from the keypad/display and the Mic/Spkr flex.
The power/volume pot may be defective, and if the response to twisting on/off does not produce a noticable 'click' when rotated, your switch is probably the culprit.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”