MOL Question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Tony.RI
What radios do you own?: HT1k, MT2K, Saber 3, XTS3k

MOL Question

Post by Tony.RI »

I just recently made my first purchase through Motorola Online. Througout the purchasing process, I did not see any way to see how much the shipping was going to cost. Not until my card was charged did I know how much it cost to ship. Is there any way to see even an estimate as to the cost of shipping?
bezking
What radios do you own?: /\/\

Re: MOL Question

Post by bezking »

This is a problem with MOL... My theory is that the programmers were to lazy to interface the site to FedEx's shipping calculator. To get a rough estimate, head to the FedEx website and use the shipping calculator. Use Schaumburg, IL as the start point and your address as the destination. Unfortunately you will have to estimate the size and weight of the box based on the items you are buying.

The only time you get an actual cost is when you look on the invoice they send in the box, which is also accessible on MOL.
The bandsplit is only a suggestion.

alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

They charge you whatever fedex or ups charges them directly.... So you get Motorola's shipping discount from what I've seen... Look at your invoices.
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

If you need a shipping quote contact customer service and have them create a mock order with a shipping quote. There is a shipping cost estimator spreedsheet on MOL in the resource center but it's just that, an estimate, for the real deal get a human on the line

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”