Astro 25 Vista

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KDN

Astro 25 Vista

Post by KDN »

Im having difficulty programming an XTL5000 using 14.00.00 on a Vista Machine with a USB Cable. Anyone have any ideas?
RADIOMAN2002
What radios do you own?: More than I can count

Re: Astro 25 Vista

Post by RADIOMAN2002 »

Read the read me file, I don't have v14, but in v13 read me it says it doesn't support Vista.
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Post by Mfire39 »

Vista has been supported since R12.xx.xx.. What are some other details on your programming setup? Remote head or dash mount? What type of cable are you using, ie contol head/tib or rear port? What kind of error messages are you getting?

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

As well, USB drivers for Vista 64-bit aren't available. What version of Vista do you have?
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “Radio Programming”