Minitor IV Help

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

pigpen484
New User

Minitor IV Help

Post by pigpen484 »

I have a Min IV 2 Ch Stored Voice, the problem is on either frequency when in monitor mode all i get is static (white noise) as if the reset button is held down. The pager receives fine, but just static when not receiving. Its not the reset button because it would do it when on select call and it doesn't. ANY help would be great!!
chrismoll12

Re: Minitor IV Help

Post by chrismoll12 »

Maybe your close to some interference in your house or maybe the squelch is too low
kinnelonfire75
New User
What radios do you own?: Min4, Min5, CDM1250, HT1250

Post by kinnelonfire75 »

Is it static immediately when you turn the pager on? Or does it just not stop after you have been dispatched? It could be that the squelch has not been set properly, but I wouldn't be able to know exactly what the issue is without the codeplug. Do you have MinIV programming software?
pigpen484
New User

Post by pigpen484 »

Ok the codeplug is 10.012

and its static all the time and its not interference, i can set another pager next to it and its fine also taken the pager 45 miles away from home still the same.
kinnelonfire75
New User

Post by kinnelonfire75 »

Sorry by codeplug I mean't the actual file that is saved to your computer when you open the pager programming window and read your pager.
pigpen484
New User

Post by pigpen484 »

oh didnt know there was one, so how do i get the info your looking for?

thanks for the help btw
kinnelonfire75
New User

Post by kinnelonfire75 »

Not knowing whether you have the hardware/software to do this, please read below and figure out which applies to you.

Do you have the software and the drop in cradle with the serial plug in the back? If so, then select read to view your pager's data in the programming window, save it to an easily accessible location and then email the file which is created to me at ktownfootball75@gmail.com.

If you do not have the software then you have two options:

1. Purchase it from http://www.minitorprogramming.com(Excellent personal experience from there, highly recommended if looking to DIY)
2. Build the cradle on your own through directions provided on this site.
3. Take your pager to someone that has the software. You might end up with the dealer being your only option, which will cost you. In this case they can just fix it for you...

If you are interested in purchasing software and doing it yourself, then take some things into consideration: Will you make more than 3 trips to the dealer (im figuring at $35 per visit)? If you think you plan on taking more than 3 trips for your pager programming needs/wants, then I would strongly suggest getting the software and learning how to use it, the costs do build up quickly otherwise. If you are looking for a one time fix, then I think the dealer will be your best bet.
pigpen484
New User

Post by pigpen484 »

Still no luck...any one have any other suggestions?
pigpen484
New User

Post by pigpen484 »

still haven't figured out this issue....some one here has to know what going on with this thing....ANY help would be great
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

Sounds like the squelch threshold needs to be adjusted. Thats done via the software.

you either need to purchase the software and programming cradle and attempt it yourself, or take it to a service shop with that capability.
pigpen484
New User

Post by pigpen484 »

I have tried that with no result, its a non-stop problem that only pauses a quick second when i hit the reset button then its right back to solid squelch. I have tried just about every programing option that would have anything to do with the problem. I'm would have to say its something internal.
kinnelonfire75
New User

Post by kinnelonfire75 »

RFguy wrote:Sounds like the squelch threshold needs to be adjusted. Thats done via the software.

you either need to purchase the software and programming cradle and attempt it yourself, or take it to a service shop with that capability.
He and I briefly exchanged emails on the subject - it is not the squelch. My only suggestion is take it to the shop and have them send it away for repairs if they cannot repair it themselves.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”