APX7500 Programming Help

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

nick.dejohn
What radios do you own?: EX560-XLS CDM1550

APX7500 Programming Help

Post by nick.dejohn »

I am trying to program my APX7500 and the radio is not being recognized. I ordered the programming cable that plugs into the mic jack on the front of the control head. The other end is a DB9. I don't see an option in the programming to switch off of a USB to a DB9, so I went out and bought a DB9 to USB convert cable and still no luck. Am I suppose to be using the USB port on the back of the control head or am I doing something wrong. I have version R05.00.00 and I am running a Panasonic Toughbook CF29 with Windows XP.

Any ideas????

Thanks,
Nick
Nick
CTAMontrose
was grem467

Re: APX7500 Programming Help

Post by CTAMontrose »

I do not believe any of the DB9 XTL series cables can be used to program the APX line. The software is only set up to look for the true USB cables.
nick.dejohn
What radios do you own?: EX560-XLS CDM1550

Re: APX7500 Programming Help

Post by nick.dejohn »

I have the HKN6183 which is the DB9 version. Motorola is telling me I need the HKN6184 which is the USB version. I was hoping I could just buy a DB9 to USb convert cable and it would work. Looks like I'm gonna have to send it back and order the new one unless someone knows how to get around this.
Nick

Return to “Radio Programming”