Ebay Astro Seller......?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

fcc5150

Ebay Astro Seller......?

Post by fcc5150 »

Does anyone know who "apcosystem" is? this person is selling Astros on ebay for a really low price. I thought I saw a post here a while back about someone selling bunko Astro on ebay, but I don't remember the ebay user name they were using. The other thing that concerns me is that I have asked this person to send me the ser.# so I could check the history of the radio.... no response. The price seems to good. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Astro_Saber
Fail 01/90

Post by Astro_Saber »

you can use the search feature

look under watchbuddy or something

i am suppose to get a astro from him tuesday or sometime

nice location I have never seen you in my facility
Cpd014
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links

Post by Cpd014 »

His radios are definatly not bunko I can vouch for that, but you cant beat that price and you get more than what you pay for which in my book is outstanding.
Radio99

Post by Radio99 »

This tpoic has been discussed at GREAT length here and on the general discussion boards. I personally purchased an 800 MHz XTS3000 from him and found it to be in perfect condition and I am completely satisfied with the unit. He offers service/support on the radio. I would buy from him anytime and have found him to be trustworthy and reliable.
fcc5150

Thanks

Post by fcc5150 »

Thanks for the quick replies. I feel a bit more confident now about making a purchase from him.
Astro25

Post by Astro25 »

True that!

I purchased two Astro Sabers from nick and the radios are just outstanding, you cannot beat them for what you pay.
fcc5150

Post by fcc5150 »

Thanks for the info. My only concern now is the fact that I have sent several e-mails to this person requesting info and have not had any reply.... I'm will to take a chance on his radios but I must have some type of contact with him before doing so.... any ideas?

Cpd014
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links

Post by Cpd014 »

Your not the only one! But you are probaly better off giving him a call if you are able to get his number.
Josh
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTL5K, NX5200, NX700HK

Post by Josh »

Cpd014 wrote:Your not the only one! But you are probaly better off giving him a call if you are able to get his number.

I'm in the same boat: Multiple e-mails, no replies.

I had good communication with him back in August, but since then :cry:

-Josh
Astro_Saber
Fail 01/90

Post by Astro_Saber »

yep me too. cant even get a tracking number from him when he says he will give you one. He said I would get it today so wait and see. he needs to learn customer service skills by keeping in contact with people.

shelling out 900.00+ for a radio and not get a conformation let alone a responce to emails makes it a 50/50 chance
Josh
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTL5K, NX5200, NX700HK

Post by Josh »

Astro_Saber wrote:yep me too. cant even get a tracking number from him when he says he will give you one. He said I would get it today so wait and see. he needs to learn customer service skills by keeping in contact with people.

shelling out 900.00+ for a radio and not get a conformation let alone a responce to emails makes it a 50/50 chance

I feel like I've read this and written to a post like this before in the last day or two.

It'd be a fine idea to consolidate it all. :lol:

-Josh
Astro_Saber
Fail 01/90

Post by Astro_Saber »

nah just responding to each thread.

and also you have to wonder why all the auctions are private.
fcc5150

Post by fcc5150 »

I agree completely. In my case I live close enough that I could pick up and inspect the radio.... Did you see that he has re-listed 2 of the astros? If you check his feed back on ebay there are two interesting "negitive" feed back items, which I'm guessing are related to the re-listed astros. Is this cause for more concern, maybe, maybe not. I'm not judging this person, I don't know him and he has a lot of great feed back from other buyers. I just what a person to connect to the product. I sent him another e-mail along with my work number, hope he contacts me. I you are reading this "apcosystem" please get a hold of me.

Thanks........
Astro_Saber
Fail 01/90

Post by Astro_Saber »

the negatives are for some ty bumble bees it looks like he was the buyer
fcc5150

Post by fcc5150 »

Sorry about that, my mistake. I should have checked the item....Dooooh!
Astro25

Post by Astro25 »

I bought a Astro XTS3000 a while back from him and he kept giving me the go around and what not, So after a month of no responses and crap like that I wound up throwing in the towel and giving him negative feed back, after I gave him the negative feedback which I really didnt want to do but it got him to finally ship out the radio and I got it the next day. So I guess we all are in the same club here and good luck to you guys I hope you all get your radios but it may take a while so good luck on it.
Astro_Saber
Fail 01/90

Post by Astro_Saber »

well I didnt get my radio when I was told and him not providing me with a tracking number after 5 times, is starting to piss me off, his radios might look good on the auctions but unless you get a responce dont even bother.

I will give him till wed. then it will be time to contact ebay and paypal
Astro25

Post by Astro25 »

He gave me a tracking number and when I ran it on UPS website it never showed any movement, so he has an account with UPS or Fedex and he can get a tracking number W/O even shipping the thing, so use caution with that, just because you get a tracking number doesnt mean he shipped it out either. So with that that good luck buddy I hope you get your money back or at least the radio any time soon. I believe and like someone else mentioned before, he just sells to much than he can keep up with and that is not good policy when selling big money items.
SmackDaddy

Post by SmackDaddy »

Wow, I wish this thread had existed a week ago.

I used "buy it now" last week for a radio. I had seen so many happy people on here talking about apcosystem, I just didn't hesitate.

He answered my questions before the auction, no problem. So I went ahead and bought it, and sent him the money immediately.

Now I haven't heard back from him since paying for the auction (approaching a week). I had asked for a tracking number, still don't have it. I have sent him a couple of messages, and get nothing back.

Wow, now I'm getting worried.

Cheers,
SD.
Astro25

Post by Astro25 »

well you are the newest member to our club then, because there are 4 or 5 people who havent gotten their radios as of yet.
MarkHam2B

Post by MarkHam2B »

I'm adding my dime on this one. Now, granted, I am not aware of the particular arrangements for all of your sales with Watch/Apco/Nick, I would like to share my experience purchasing an Astro XTS 3000 from him.

Back in April I purchased a radio from him. As soon as the money arrived in his hands, I received a call from Nick. He informed me that there would be a little delay in getting my radio, as there was a shipment of boards that didn't meet his satisfaction. I told him that it was important that I get the radio delivered, but far more important that the radio be absolutely reliable. When I had programming issues, Nick took my calls at some admittedly inconvenient borderline inappropriate times. Not only that, but he has since given me some very good advice. The point of the post is that I could have blown my stack over the delay, but Nick definitely made good on our auction agreement. I found being communicative with my needs as well as being understanding of Nick's situation avoided a lot of ill will.

Without hesitation, I will say that this radio and Nick's service has met and exceeded my expectations.

Regards,
Mark

-Remember the Twin Towers 09-11-2001
SmackDaddy

Post by SmackDaddy »

Hi Mark,

Thanks for sharing your experience! This helps me to feel a lot better.

I can only speak for myself here, the only issue for me so far is communication. Things happen, life gets in the way. No problem. I understand that.. However, after sending "some guy" on the Internet almost $1000 US Dollars, you deserve to know what is going on, especially after 5 days. Who cares if there is a little delay, if it makes the quality better and the radio right. But that only helps the situation if you actually know these intentions and what is happening.

I have been reading this thread (and other threads) and trying to keep objective here. We are talking about a person, who obviously has a very busy life. I'm not one to write off someone over a silly communications problem. I think that we will all solve this and get our gear, but we just have to be patient and wait for life to happen. The pressure that these threads are adding to apcosystem's plate will only complicate things IMHO.

So, I for one will sit back and try to be patient. I think apcosystem's intentions are very good, and he is obviously a great guy. Otherwise we wouldn't have so many positive reports in the first place.

I'm looking forward to being another one of those positive reports! ;-)

Cheers,
SD.
dvpman

Post by dvpman »

Nick can be a little slow but the gear is worth the extra couple of days wait. I bought one from him last week and he just shipped today, this is now the 4th radio I have bought from him 100% great stuff in perfect cont.

Hey Smackdaddy are you the smart pro-voice dude ???

Mike
SmackDaddy

Post by SmackDaddy »

Hey Mike!

Great to hear some comments from someone that I know. You guys are making me feel even better still about my purchase :-)

Yes, it is me! The EDACS guy. I'm finally getting into some Motorola gear... Great to see you again!

I hope that everything is going well with you.

Cheers,
SD
ScannerDan

Post by ScannerDan »

Hi All,

Well I bought one of Nick's Astro Sabers on Saturday and I sent him a Paypal payment yesterday. Lets see what happens.

Dan...
mikegilbert
What radios do you own?: All of them

Post by mikegilbert »

I bought an AS3 on monday with buy it now. I sent the money after he quoted me for shipping.
I guess its a wait-and-see situatuon....He was quick to respond to my questions though.
-Mike
SmackDaddy

Post by SmackDaddy »

Just to add more to this, I'm pretty happy. Apcosystem has exchanged a few e-mails with me in the past 24 hours. We have agreed on a shipping date and method.

A little communication goes a long way to making for a happy customer.

Cheers,
SD
mikegilbert
What radios do you own?: All of them

Apcosystem...Good man.

Post by mikegilbert »

Nick has been on the ball with my transaction. He asked me how I wanted the radio set up, and he's definatley someone to do business with.
-Mike
werdnuts
Batboard $upporter

Post by werdnuts »

I purchased an xts3000 from him on Nov 7th. I am still waiting. Yes hes is hard to communicate w/ but i will give him the benefit of the doubt. I have a friend here in town who has told me nothing but good things about Nick. Since, it sounds like sometimes there are delays, I can understand that. I would appreciate a heads up that there is going to be a delay. Maybe he should list on eBay AFTER he has built the radio rather than before. It certainly would clear up most of the concern out there. Personally, I am looking forward to a good transaction and I will certainly give him the benefit of the doubt. Too many people have said too many good things about him.

Keep your fingers crossed... I will.

-werdnuts
Last edited by werdnuts on Mon Nov 18, 2002 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

werdnuts wrote:I would appreciate a heads up that there is going to be a delay. Maybe he should list on eBay AFTER he has built the radio rather than before.
Actually, I believe it's against ebay rules to sell something if you don't physically have the item in your possession.

-Alex
ESSEX503

Post by ESSEX503 »

I am also awaiting my purchase for about over a month. I already paid the credit card bill. I have asked for the tracking # and have gotten a reply that he will check in the back. My friend has done positive transactions with him so I went and bought 2 radios. hopefully the BROWN truck will show up this week with a present..
watchbuddy

Contact the Seller!

Post by watchbuddy »

:o If you have problems stop wining about it and e-mail me direct I don't really read this board much.

All I can say is I have NEVER ripped off anyone and alot of people know that! If anyone needs anything I am always their for them! All of our radios that we posted were already built and the only time delays happen are when checking them out and programing them and then shipping them out! We place each radio on a service monitor and check them out align them and then ship them we ran across some problems with some radios and have corrected that all has been shipped and you will not see anymore post on e-bay from us at these prices. We have decided to only sell to our customer base through e-mail and/or referal business. So those of you that are not happy and that are our customers, if you wish a full refund no problem we are happy to do that we can sell the radio for much more then the auction price.

Go ahead and state whatever you need to this reply however we will not answer it on this board.

Good Luck :D I am Here To Help In Anyway I can.
ESSEX503

watchbuddy

Post by ESSEX503 »

Guys I received one of two xts3000's today. Mint condition and I willl program tommorow. Nick is a very nice guy to deal with and I would definitly do more buisiness with him. Shipment was delayed due to a defective part which he replaced. If it was any other deal it would have been shipped as is (like some electronic auctions...)

Stu :P :P :P
ScannerDan

Post by ScannerDan »

Hi guys

I received my Astro Saber 3 yesterday. It was in excellent condition upon arrival. I had a small “Customer Support” problem which is presently being handled by Nick. All I can say is that Nick stands behind his products.

Dan…
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

I don't know Nick or any of his family or friends in any way, shape, or form, but I did receive my A/S3 in the condition it was described and it's performing flawlessly. I think everyone who's bought one of these from Nick should seriously say Thank You! because he's helping those poor bastards who can't afford one from Motorola but are looking for a 100% working-as-should A/S3. Thanks Nick!
ScannerDan

Post by ScannerDan »

Aragorn wrote: I think everyone who's bought one of these from Nick should seriously say Thank You! because he's helping those poor bastards who can't afford one from Motorola but are looking for a 100% working-as-should A/S3. Thanks Nick!

AMEN to that brother !!!!!
cfd95

Post by cfd95 »

i agree i also purchased one too, out of the many that were up 2 weeks ago. Nick was very helpful and ansewered every email i sent him promptly. he told me when i would recieve it and it came the day he said it would. Hes always had a good rep and he stands by what he sells. for the price , and what they came with no one should complain.
werdnuts
Batboard $upporter

Post by werdnuts »

Thanks for all the positive replies, fellas. This is all very reassuring. I look forward to getting my XTS soon.

-werdnuts
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

BTW, does anyone know what version of Astro RSS Nick uses to program?
ScannerDan

Post by ScannerDan »

Hi there,

When I received my Astro Saber 3 in was programmed with RSS version 09.05.00. Good thing I had a copy of it.

Dan...
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

I just wish he used an older version. I had to have my AS3 programmed by a shop since my AS subscription ran out and the latest version I have is 8 something....I can't check it right now. I don't even have the damn update card everybody probably throws out thinking it's junkmail from Motorola.
werdnuts
Batboard $upporter

Ebay Astro Seller......?

Post by werdnuts »

Well, I'm STILL waiting. Finally got a tracking number on the 3rd, but UPS still hasn't received the package from Nick. I have really tried to remain positive, but that is starting to wear thin after a month. What is really irritating is that people who bought radios after me have received them already. WTF?

Well, I'll try to remain hopeful. I will keep you all posted on the situation.

-Werdnuts
werdnuts
Batboard $upporter

Ebay Astro Seller......?

Post by werdnuts »

Just talked to Nick on the phone. Really nice guy. Very apolgetic about the situation. He stated he was overnighting my radio to me, so we will know tomorrow. I will keep you all posted.
werdnuts
Batboard $upporter

Ebay Astro Seller......?

Post by werdnuts »

Folks,

I have recieved my radio. It appears to be in excellent condition. I will put it on the service monitor later today. If anything is wrong, I will let you all know. If not, assume all is perfect. I don't know why it took so long, but I am happy w/ the transaction. I was not thrilled about the lenght of time it took to get the radio, but I am very satisfied w/ a new battery and radio that normally would cost over $3000.

Good luck to all others in the future. If I ever buy again, I will probably buy directly from Nick on the phone and not on Ebay.

-Werdnuts
SmackDaddy

Post by SmackDaddy »

Well, I hate to add more to this thread. I know that people really want this discussion to end.

But, if anyone else is still waiting on a radio, please send me a PM. I have been waiting nearly five weeks now for mine. Let's compare notes, I am concerned that I will never see anything despite all of the "good experiences" that other people are reporting.

Thanks
SD.
werdnuts
Batboard $upporter

Post by werdnuts »

Fellas,

Got my radio, it had a hum on the TX. Nick replaced it, and everything is perfect. Thanks, Nick!

-werdnuts
SmartZone

Also waiting for a repair from him

Post by SmartZone »

I have complete trust in him from everyone's postive comments. I just cant get replies to emails. I might get 1 reply of like 2 words for every 10-12 that I send asking about updates.

Still waiting and was hoping hoping i'd get it before today (Friday before Xmas) so I could take it with me out of town....

Like I said... i'm not knocking him, just wish I could be kept up to speed with the status... So i wasnt always 'wondering'..... Thats my only gripe...

The next thing I do is call by phone.

SmartZone
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

FWIW, I got the same treatment. I would email him, basically "where's my radio" or "got a tracking #" questions and would only get one or two replies, and they were somewhat vague. So, now that I've since gotten my radio from Nick would I buy from him again? Yes, but this time I would either expect the lengthy delays or agree to a timeline with Nick with the understanding that if I didn't rx the radio by that date my $ would be returned.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”