MTS2000 Talkaround Indicator Question...

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

MTS2000 Talkaround Indicator Question...

Post by Tom in D.C. »

I've been working on the setup of an MTS2000 48 channel top display HT but I can't
find an indicator when the radio is set to talkaround. There's the usual Z-shaped arrow for scanning
but nothing I can see for T/A. The T/A works fine so that's not the problem; it's just that I can't
tell whether or not I'm on T/A. Can someone please straighten me out on this?
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Re: MTS2000 Talkaround Indicator Question...

Post by MTS2000des »

there is no indicator on the top display radios. best thing to do is set the concentric switch for talkaround/repeat and just remember which one is which. Assigning it to side button is futile, as you have to way of knowing (other than the repeater not coming back) which mode you are in. Only the front display radios have an icon on the display. The only thing the top display physically has aside from the "starburst" characters are a dot for priority scan and the "z" itself.

Erik
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Post by Tom in D.C. »

Erik,

Many thanks for the advice. I'll set it up the way you suggest.

Regards,
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
CTAMontrose
was grem467

Post by CTAMontrose »

MTS2000des wrote: The only thing the top display physically has aside from the "starburst" characters are a dot for priority scan and the "z" itself.

Erik

It also can display the secure indicator, but alas no direct indication as point out.

Return to “Radio Programming”