Motorola CPS from Motorola Online

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

acadiel
New User

Motorola CPS from Motorola Online

Post by acadiel »

Yes, I do have an authorized Motorola online account (and am eligible for software purchases).

Does anyone know if Motorola has completely discontinued the IDEN CPS software, or has it completely changed the part number?

The old (formerly) "IDEN Superagent" - RVN4174* SKU refers to the last one in the series, RVN4174AX, which itself has been cancelled. The RVN4174AW (predecessor) appears to be CPS R.02.00.07, so I'm not sure what the AX version is, since it doesn't give a description.

Anyone know what the heck I need to order, or if Motorola even supplies IDEN CPS software any longer?

Thanks.
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Re: Motorola CPS from Motorola Online

Post by MTS2000des »

acadiel wrote:Yes, I do have an authorized Motorola online account (and am eligible for software purchases).

Does anyone know if Motorola has completely discontinued the IDEN CPS software, or has it completely changed the part number?

The old (formerly) "IDEN Superagent" - RVN4174* SKU refers to the last one in the series, RVN4174AX, which itself has been cancelled. The RVN4174AW (predecessor) appears to be CPS R.02.00.07, so I'm not sure what the AX version is, since it doesn't give a description.

Anyone know what the heck I need to order, or if Motorola even supplies IDEN CPS software any longer?

Thanks.
our subscription for super agent ran out in January, but Motorola is now two separate operating companies, Motorola Mobility (cellphones and infrastructure) and Motorola Solutions (two way radios, infrastructure, government solutions). MOL was divided up. I am still not clear but I think you have to open an account with Mobility to get iDEN RSS now, but even Motorola doesn't know which hand is right and left or how to find their rear end with either.

I am still waiting for a handful of XTS2500 RSM adapters ordered in January. No one knows what is going on.
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
acadiel
New User

Post by acadiel »

I guess I might just need to call them then; I don't see a replacement other than the regular Motorola Online (which, incidentally, still has accessories for Mobile phones, for some reason.)

Thanks!
CTAMontrose
was grem467

Post by CTAMontrose »

Im showing 2.00.22 to be the most current, and is available for download (on our MOL at least). Release date of Aug 11,2010

Return to “Radio Programming”