Spectra Consolette

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

k5hdm
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE
What radios do you own?: Lots

Spectra Consolette

Post by k5hdm »

Hi, I got this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 500wt_1156 on ebay.. it's model # is L37KGM5174AM and when I opened it up, it turns out there are 2 radios in there.. I called motorola and gave them all the info and they said they didn't know why there would be 2 radios.. is this a repeater? I thought it was odd that it didn't have a face, but the reason I even got it was to mount an astro spectra in it.. does anyone have any ideas what this might be set up for?? surely it's not just a full duplex radio.. if you look at the ebay pics, you can see that there are 2 antenna plugs on the back.. If anyone needs pics of the inside, let me know and I'll get them for you..

Thanks!
Harmon
-Harmon - K5HDM
http://www.k5hdm.com
MP 6.7
What radios do you own?: Spectra, Maxtracs, MT2k, GP300

Re: Spectra Consolette

Post by MP 6.7 »

Ha! I almost bid on that...I couldn't find any info on the two antenna jacks either. What did the two radios have programmed in them and how are they hooked up to each other?
Dale
KE7CEU
Current radios
Mobiles: 3x D43 A7 Spectras, T83 A9 Spectra, 2x KLM and 2x KLN MCS2000's, D43 Maxtrac 32ch, D35 Maxtrac 6ch modded for 896MHz receive, M33 M1225 4ch, Lowband Maratrac on 6 meters
Portables: 2x VHF GP300, VHF P110, UHF P110, VHF A7 MT2000
PETNRDX
What radios do you own?: Too many

Post by PETNRDX »

I really doubt that is a Spectra.
Sure looks like a Desktrac, which would explain why there are two radios, and two type N connectors on the rear.
Remove the little plug in the center of the front and see if there is a small lite blue plastic rotary switch under that cap.
The switch changes between the "remote" system (when there is one ) and the two radios inside ( when there is more than one ) to access them for programming.
If so, then I am even more convinced you have a Desktrac.
Sounds like the model number indicates 900mhz.
Could be a 900mhz Privacy Plus control station, or maybe even the desktop repeater.
I have only seen the Spectra Consolette have the "control head" sticking out the front.
And I have never seen on set up as a repeater.
Then again, lots of Motorola "SP" products.
Maybe do some searches regarding 900 mhz Desktracs to see if you can get some leads.
I know there is some photos of the inside of a Desktrac on the Repeater-Builders website, under Motorola, then Radis, Maxtrac, GM300, Desktrac section.
Steve K.
PETNRDX
What radios do you own?: Too many

Post by PETNRDX »

Another thot is that enterprising person made this into a repeater.
So, may have started with a Consolette, and added to radios to suit his needs.
Next step is to tell us what the two radios inside actually are.
Sounds like you got a good deal on it either way...
Steve K.
Will

Post by Will »

900 mHz Maxtrac based Desktrac repeater. No need for any controls as it is usually at a remote location.

We have even seen the same box with two Spectras inside on 900 mHz, and no controls.
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Post by com501 »

Yup. I have one, converted to ham. Desktrac repeater...

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”