MCS2000 VHF Band Expansion

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jdomke1
New User

MCS2000 VHF Band Expansion

Post by jdomke1 »

Is there anyway to get my VHF to go all the way down to 121? What is the lowest it will go?
rad2085

Re: MCS2000 VHF Band Expansion

Post by rad2085 »

Hi
You will need to hex edit your CPS .exe file, using the method for ASTRO software, I know this works for the MCS2000 CPS. This will allow you to program the radio that low, If it transmits at that freq is a whole different story, all i can suggest is to try it and see.
Thomas
What radios do you own?: MCS2K,CDM1250,XTS3000,XTL2500

Post by Thomas »

I dought it will go that low. If you want monitor aircraft it won't work very well as aircraft use AM and these radios are FM. No changing that. Which split radio do you have. A "J" split might go down there but I dought a "K" split will. You have to hex edit the cps in order to make it happen. Again though, useless for AM aircraft band.
smokeybehr
What radios do you own?: Dozens. Want one? Email me.

Post by smokeybehr »

You might get it to play nice down to 138, but not much lower than that. Besides, you won't hear aircraft stuff with an FM radio. Everything between 108 and 138 is all AM.
No, I will not fix your computer. Call back during NORMAL business hours.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”