KVL Cables - Saber vs Astro Saber

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

smokeybehr
What radios do you own?: Dozens. Want one? Email me.

KVL Cables - Saber vs Astro Saber

Post by smokeybehr »

Are the cables the same, or different, WRT the pin config?

I can use a 3011DX to keyload either, as long as they have the right hybrids/firmware, correct?
No, I will not fix your computer. Call back during NORMAL business hours.
motorola_otaku

Re: KVL Cables - Saber vs Astro Saber

Post by motorola_otaku »

Same cable. Yes, you can load DES/DES-XL into both radios with a 3011DX. I want to say the cable pinout is on the Batlabs site, but I may have found it here.
WV8VFD
was KD8CPP
What radios do you own?: WAY TO MANY

Post by WV8VFD »

IIRC you have to have a "D" version hirose adapter if thats the route you're going. It has a white D right on it. I use it on my astro saber and regular sabers all the time.
Tyler Lewis
smokeybehr
What radios do you own?: Dozens. Want one? Email me.

Post by smokeybehr »

I have the actual KVL to Saber cable. I need to acquire a Hirose cable eventually, as I have several Sabers with the rev. D adapter.

I really should crack the cases on all of the secure capable Sabers I have to see if they have hybrids in there or just the dummy plug. I know that my 2 USMS surplus SysSabers have hybrids, as they come up with a key fail when they power up.
No, I will not fix your computer. Call back during NORMAL business hours.

Return to “Radio Programming”