x9000 dual drawer out of band

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

N9LLO

x9000 dual drawer out of band

Post by N9LLO »

Is there a way to get the UHF radio on the dual radio setup into the ham band. The RSS I found does not support it. Is there an easy fix with a hex editor or a different version of dual drawer RSS?

Chris
N9LLO
jmr061
was KB9KST

Re: x9000 dual drawer out of band

Post by jmr061 »

It has been 10+ years since I have played with these but if memory serves me right I would create a plug with the dual drawer software, just not enter the freqs...the read with the ham software and put the freqs in and write to the radio. The plug actually keeps its dual drawer status/assignment this way.

Jason
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

N9LLO wrote:Is there a way to get the UHF radio on the dual radio setup into the ham band. The RSS I found does not support it. Is there an easy fix with a hex editor or a different version of dual drawer RSS?

Chris
N9LLO

Keep looking around. There is a Ham version or two of the software that will allow out of band operation for all 3 bands (low band, VHF, UHF).

Jim
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

The procedure is....

Program the dual radios as such. Just put one channel in each and make sure one is programmed as primary and one as secondary.

Disconnect the radios and then hook them up as you would as you would as single radios. Use the HAM RSS (when you find it) then program up what you need.

What happens is that the dual radio RSS sets a bit that the HAM (and normal RSS) does not touch. This allows you to write the radios without losing the primary or secondary setting. When done, load up the dual radio CHPROG and program up your control head, and your in business.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
N9LLO

Post by N9LLO »

Its been a long time since I messed with x9k's I had forgotten about the double programming trick. I last used that trick to setup a VHF VRS in a 440-470 unit a very long time ago.

Thanks for the info.
Chris
N9LLO
N9LLO

Post by N9LLO »

I have not had any luck with the double programming procedure. I am using dual drawer version 4.03sp creating a primary radio and programming it sucessfully ignoring the error l41-10 for the missing drawer.
Then programming with Ham 502 it still comes up with the error 41-10 so it still knows it is a dual setup but I also get a looping fail 1-90
I am using a stock 1063B head on this, I had one guy tell me I needed an old 1036 head to slow things down on the bus. Any ideas out there?

Thanks
Chris N9LLO
N9LLO

Post by N9LLO »

P.S. I think I have figured out which bits in the codeplug set single, primary , or dual radio. Does anyone have the x9000 codeplug checksum figured out?

Chris
Motofanatic

Post by Motofanatic »

N9LLO wrote:P.S. I think I have figured out which bits in the codeplug set single, primary , or dual radio. Does anyone have the x9000 codeplug checksum figured out?
Chris
It is a 16-bit accumulated checksum in big-endian from 0x05 to 0x2000

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”