MCS2000 "whoreflash"

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

smokeybehr
What radios do you own?: Dozens. Want one? Email me.

MCS2000 "whoreflash"

Post by smokeybehr »

Is there a "whoreflash" that has every *compatible* option available? I was looking for an srec that has the 250 channel option, MDC encode/decode, conventional operation and Omnilink at a minimum, and as many of the other features as possible.

Is the 250 channel option a hardware/firmware combo, or is it firmware only?
No, I will not fix your computer. Call back during NORMAL business hours.
wavetar
Administrator

Re: MCS2000 "whoreflash"

Post by wavetar »

smokeybehr wrote:Is there a "whoreflash" that has every *compatible* option available? I was looking for an srec that has the 250 channel option, MDC encode/decode, conventional operation and Omnilink at a minimum, and as many of the other features as possible.

Is the 250 channel option a hardware/firmware combo, or is it firmware only?
The 250 channel option isn't hardware related at all, just needs to be in the codeplug. I believe I have a codeplug with all the options you've listed, in a Model III at least...maybe in a Model I as well. I'm assuming 800MHz is what you want? PM me your email addy & I'll get it to you.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
MP 6.7
What radios do you own?: Spectra, Maxtracs, MT2k, GP300

Post by MP 6.7 »

I've got a couple model 3 110w VHF's that it would be nice to do this to...how's it done? Get the appropriate codeplug and then MTSX Lab?
Dale
KE7CEU
Current radios
Mobiles: 3x D43 A7 Spectras, T83 A9 Spectra, 2x KLM and 2x KLN MCS2000's, D43 Maxtrac 32ch, D35 Maxtrac 6ch modded for 896MHz receive, M33 M1225 4ch, Lowband Maratrac on 6 meters
Portables: 2x VHF GP300, VHF P110, UHF P110, VHF A7 MT2000
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

MP 6.7 wrote:I've got a couple model 3 110w VHF's that it would be nice to do this to...how's it done? Get the appropriate codeplug and then MTSX Lab?
Yes
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
Victor Xray

Post by Victor Xray »

Didn't Motorola introduce toolproof in the MCS firmware after a later release, like 7 or 8?
n7maq
What radios do you own?: Mocom 70 w/scan!!

Post by n7maq »

Victor Xray wrote:Didn't Motorola introduce toolproof in the MCS firmware after a later release, like 7 or 8?
I have not seen it, but I can't say how high F/W was in the last MCS that I hacked. So I'm am not saying they don't have toolproof, just that I have not seen it or heard of it.

Of course if you read and save an s-record (as you always should) before you start to play around you can recover it.

Jim
MP 6.7
What radios do you own?: Spectra, Maxtracs, MT2k, GP300

Post by MP 6.7 »

wavetar wrote: Yes
Cool...any model 3 110w VHF codeplugs out there with at least the 250 mode capability, MDC encode/decode and preferably ID display?

I have a couple trunking model 3's that don't have MDC encode and the 250 mode is nice to dump more ham stuff in.
Dale
KE7CEU
Current radios
Mobiles: 3x D43 A7 Spectras, T83 A9 Spectra, 2x KLM and 2x KLN MCS2000's, D43 Maxtrac 32ch, D35 Maxtrac 6ch modded for 896MHz receive, M33 M1225 4ch, Lowband Maratrac on 6 meters
Portables: 2x VHF GP300, VHF P110, UHF P110, VHF A7 MT2000
smokeybehr
What radios do you own?: Dozens. Want one? Email me.

Post by smokeybehr »

n7maq wrote:
Victor Xray wrote:Didn't Motorola introduce toolproof in the MCS firmware after a later release, like 7 or 8?
I have not seen it, but I can't say how high F/W was in the last MCS that I hacked. So I'm am not saying they don't have toolproof, just that I have not seen it or heard of it.

Of course if you read and save an s-record (as you always should) before you start to play around you can recover it.

Jim
S-recs are like gold. I have a USB drive that I'm using as my "library" of s-recs.
No, I will not fix your computer. Call back during NORMAL business hours.

Return to “Radio Programming”