**I NEED: 6 Motorola Saber 1E Radios Programmed

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

themedic66

**I NEED: 6 Motorola Saber 1E Radios Programmed

Post by themedic66 »

Hello all,

I work for a non profit organization that recently acquired 6 sabers that we would like to get programmed to use as reserve units.

We need 6 Motorola Saber Model 1E radios programmed to our current frequency configuration (a UHF conventional system). We are only going to have the first bank of 12 channels programmed and everything else deprogrammed. Since all 6 radios are the same model number, 5 of them can be cloned after you program the first one.

**PLEASE PM ME ONLY WITH PRICING ASAP!! THANKS!
"It's all in a days' work"--LAPD/LAFD
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Re: **I NEED: 6 Motorola Saber 1E Radios Programmed

Post by HLA »

might help if you state where you are located, probablly some members close to you?
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
themedic66

Post by themedic66 »

Great Idea HLA, I'm near the Los Angeles area but i'l pay for shipping anywhere in the U.S. no problem!
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

that's 2,000 miles from me but I do know there are guys in your neck of the woods and they'll probablly help you out
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

I still have Saber RSS to do it. I am not local though... I can PM you a price.
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Post by MTS2000des »

I offered to do it for 60 bucks shipped but he declined, included priority shipping. 10 bucks a radio and 10 bucks for shipping is about as low as I can go.
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
kotaguchi
What radios do you own?: XTS5000

Post by kotaguchi »

Yeah,he wants it done practicality for free.LOL.I too told him $70.00 which is $20.00 for the first radio and $10.00 for each extra radio to clone and he said he used to work at a radio shop and he knows how quick it is to

clone a radio and said that$10.00 for each extra radio is outrageous.
In Memory of those that serve.

Seal Team Six

Radios I currently own:

2-qty APX7000 UHF R2/700-800MHz M3
MTS2000des

Post by MTS2000des »

Than he also knows Saber RSS is NLA, a genuine RIB and cable is not cheap, and a stable programming platform for these older units is becoming harder and harder to come by. I gave him a batboard member at cost price but that must not have been low enough.
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
FireCpt809

Post by FireCpt809 »

We are all in the same price range. MTS ,Ko and I are around $10 a radio. I quoted him $15 for shipping with insurance. $75 for 6 radios programmed is a screaming deal. Im not looking to get rich off it.
N6LAU
What radios do you own?: Talkabout-250 w/ P25 Phase 2

Post by N6LAU »

I feel it's only fair to forewarn any members here on the board that Joe (themedic66) is not the easiest to deal with in matters like this and seems to have a problem with follow through. Once upon a time he and I had a pending deal for some radio work and it ended up being nothing but a waste of time.

The deal was drawn out for about a month or so if not more with constant excuses for delays in getting going, requests for lower prices citing the whole "non-profit organization" and "we work to help kids" as reasons, promised returned calls that never happened, and ultimately ended up a deal that never came to fruition for lack of follow through on his part. A waste of time, energy, and cause of unnecessary frustration. Just an FYI and a hopefully avoided headache for those who might be considering dealing with him.
Joe - N6LAU
FireCpt809

Post by FireCpt809 »

If thats the case then I'm done. Find someone else to do it.
MTS2000des

Post by MTS2000des »

Sad, because I sit on the board of directors of a small NPO and when people pull this stuff it makes it that much harder for us to get donations, reduced rates, etc.

We are a community on here. Several members have offered their professional services at cost to help a fellow board member. If he feels this is too excessive, prehaps he should contact a local MSS and see what their rates are. (Have a feeling this has already happened). Going rate seems to be 35-55 per radio from my checking. Sounds like we all offered a tremendous discount already.
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

If it was for a credible organization, I was going to offer to do it for free - just cover my return shipping. However, if he's a pain to deal with, then I don't think so... I have enough problems as-is without creating more...
mike m

Post by mike m »

Too bad I'm just one state North and was going to offer around 50 or 60 plus shipping but not when I hear this either.

Mike
themedic66

Post by themedic66 »

Hello all, I am sorry for whatever confusion has arose regarding this programming request. Just to clarify a few things;

(1) N6LAU whose name is also Joe is referring to upgrading a flash on a radio, but he needed a "donor radio" with the flash that I wanted to put it into/or clone the new radio. After about a week of trying to find a donor radio with the flash I wanted, I told him that I could not find one. I ended up using a different member on the board who did not need a donor radio to clone, I used that member instead. No need to get upset because I could not find another radio for you to clone which would have required me to buy another radio or borrow one.

(2) I NEVER requested to get the programming done for free, we were looking to pay about $50 but we were quoted $125 by Jay, then $60 by MTS2000des, and finally $75 by FireCpt809. I contacted kotaguchi on ebay, not here on the board so why was it necessary to but in? The only person that I responded to was MTS2000des and I respectfully declined and asked if he could do it for $50 instead of $60, look at the messages below and see for yourself what was said!

(3) I really do not appreciate how this has turned out, N6LAU starting rumors and everyone just going along with it! Then MTS2000des posting that I declined his offer, why was that necessary to post on here after I told you that we were trying to get the programming done for $50 instead of $60? Was it to blackball us? If we did not get anyone to do it for $50, we would have contacted you back because we need the programming done.

(4) Additionally, N6LAU and MTS2000des has questioned my involvement with a NPO (non-profit organization). Aside from my "real" US Govt. job (which I will not even say as someone might be urged to challenge that as was well!) YES, I do work for a non-profit organization which is based in the Los Angeles area; I have been with this NPO for 7 years.

See for yourself what me and MTS2000des said:

Sent: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:33 pm
by MTS2000des

Im already at the lowest. My price includes return shipping which is 10.50 by priority mail. That's 10 bucks a radio
Sent: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:13 pm
by themedic66

Hello and thanks for getting back to me! To be honest, we were really looking to get them programmed for about $50, is this possible, please let me know, thanks!
Sent: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:43 pm
by MTS2000des

Subject: **I NEED: 6 Motorola Saber 1E Radios Programmed

I can do it for 60 bucks. which includes return shipping via priority mail. I would need you to send ONE working battery as I don't have any Saber batteries lying around. FYI I only use real MOTOROLA cables and a genuine RLN4008E RIB, no clone crap from China here.
MTS2000des

Post by MTS2000des »

Interesting, since you left out the last one:

"Hello and thanks for getting back to me! To be honest, we were really looking to get them programmed for about $50, is this possible, please let me know, thanks!

Never heard back when I sent you this in response:

"Im already at the lowest. My price includes return shipping which is 10.50 by priority mail. That's 10 bucks a radio"

And then tonight (a week later), you send this:

"What is your paypal address and whats your turn-around?
Sent: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:17 am"

I originally said I would do it over a PM, and provided you my PP. But did not see this thread until another member PM'ed me and advised me. So I am retracting my offer to do ANY work for you. I quite frankly don't have the time to jerk around. At least 4 other members sent a PM advising me NOT do deal with you, and all of them tell the same story. I was gonna overlook it- but judging from your choice to publicly respond, I'll heed their advice. Not worth the hassle.

Feel free to contact your local MSS. I am sure they can help you out. Maybe you can throw your NPO card in their face and get a discount. Or someone else who wants to step up. I'm done. I'm a nice guy but I don't suffer fools gladly.

My late mother had a phrase:

"When you're rude to the supplier, the supply ends"

any PP payments made will be immediately refunded. Deals off.
themedic66

Post by themedic66 »

WOW, I was attacked first, then I tried to clarify the misunderstanding but IM the bad guy?

All I did was decline offers to save us a few bucks and it turns into this big hassle? I don't get it, how is my declining an offer such a bad thing, I can see it if I ripped someone off but I didn't?

So because some members here on the board were upset that I declined their offers and sent you a message, that makes me a bad person? I don't get it, maybe i'm missing something about how this board is ran or how to deal with members on here but I have not had any issues IN THE PAST 4 YEARS THAT I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER. If anyone has some advice for me please let me know.

Although I do not feel that I have done anything wrong, I still want to apologize to anyone who has been offended by this post and anyone who may have misunderstood / misinterpreted my actions/comments. I deeply regret that this post has left a sour taste in my mouth and 3 other members as that was not my intention, I was simply trying to find the best deal...
themedic66

Post by themedic66 »

In fact, although I have made several transactions with members on the board you can even check the feedback forum. Just enter my username and you will find positive feedback, please check for yourself before you are so quick to judge me based on someone else's opinion.

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.p ... 66#p350619
MTS2000des

Post by MTS2000des »

yawn, I've been here since the days it was a Yahoo group of a few dozen people. Done hundreds of transactions, all positive. I've helped people out for free and below cost because that's what this is about. anyone can tell you I'll go out of my way to help a fellow Batlabber.

you seem to whine and complain because people who have lives and have spent thousands of dollars on programming equipment, learning the proper skills and techniques, expect to be compensated for their work. All of the prices you were quoted were far below any local shop for the work you wanted. Instead you chose to respond publicly and turn it into a pissing contest and play victim. Don't know about anyone else, but I haven't the time for it. Throwing around the "I'm part of a non-profit organization" quite frankly irritates me. So am I, so are many of us. We don't expect free lunches. and neither should you.

good luck, I'm sure you'll find someone who will step up, as I said, there is always your local MSS...let your fingers do the walking.
N6LAU
What radios do you own?: Talkabout-250 w/ P25 Phase 2

Post by N6LAU »

themedic66 wrote:
(1) N6LAU whose name is also Joe is referring to upgrading a flash on a radio, but he needed a "donor radio" with the flash that I wanted to put it into/or clone the new radio. After about a week of trying to find a donor radio with the flash I wanted, I told him that I could not find one. I ended up using a different member on the board who did not need a donor radio to clone, I used that member instead. No need to get upset because I could not find another radio for you to clone which would have required me to buy another radio or borrow one.
I stand by what I said. Arguing the fine points with you would be pointless, the summary of the situation is how I stated. As far as starting rumors that may be your perception of it but all I was doing was informing the community of my experience in the hopes that they wouldn't experience the same thing. Never did I tell anyone not to deal with you nor drag your name through the mud, I simply shared my experience dealing with you. They were able to judge for themselves and come to their own decisions and frankly I don't blame them.
Joe - N6LAU
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Hmmm, I guess I should've clamped down several days ago when I saw things were heading south in this thread. Oh well, live & learn...note to self, next time trust instincts.

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “Radio Programming”