Channel Announcement

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Winger2002

Channel Announcement

Post by Winger2002 »

Just wondering what everyone is using to produce channel announcement voices. The ones you can record online then convert don't sound as good as the stock motorola ones.
bezking
What radios do you own?: /\/\

Re: Channel Announcement

Post by bezking »

I use AT&T Natural Voices (http://www2.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php). It sounds great on my XTS5000.
The bandsplit is only a suggestion.

mlbecknell
New User

Post by mlbecknell »

i have a mts2000 is there a way to do this to that radio.
d119

Post by d119 »

mlbecknell wrote:i have a mts2000 is there a way to do this to that radio.
No, there isn't. The MTS 2000 (Jedi series) was long before the thought of channel announcement, and contains neither the hardware or software to support channel announcement.

The first series it was introduced on is the Astro25 series, so you'd need an XTS 1500 at minimum to have channel announcements.
gopher

Post by gopher »

bezking wrote:I use AT&T Natural Voices (http://www2.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php). It sounds great on my XTS5000.
set this up for the first time on a xts1500.., used att voices. works very nice, esp since theres no display ( yet ). one note, must re encode the wav files from 16 bit to 8 bit before importing. cps helps has more details.
jts203

Post by jts203 »

I seem to be drawing a blank on this - I made the wav file from ATT Natural Voices which is easy, but when I try to convert it to use in my APX radio, it does not seem to work. I tried a couple different programs to try to make it a wav PCM, 8000 KHz, 16 bit mono file, which the CPS calls for, but no luck. Can anyone give me a clue what software works best to convert the files.

Thank you
Winger2002

Post by Winger2002 »

Yea att Laura seems to sound the best, jts use windows sound recorder to open file and save as pcm 8000, 16 bit. Then use APX CPS to convert, Converter is in the tools menu. Then you go to radio ergonomics config in navigation window, open channel announcement list and add sound file to list, you wont see the file on zone assignment until u add it to the list.
jts203

Post by jts203 »

Thanks winger2002. That worked perfectly. I was using Windows 7 and that Sound Recorder didn't seem to have the right features, but used one on XP and it worked.

Return to “Radio Programming”