Duplexer tuning question

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

cbroseinak

Duplexer tuning question

Post by cbroseinak »

If you have a duplexer that is tuned for lets say 159.465tx and run freq 159.450tx thru it, how bad will the performane be?
Will duplexers generally tolerrate a +/- freq deviation from their tuned condition?
Will

Re: Duplexer tuning question

Post by Will »

Depending on the duplexer it should be OK as that is a fraction of the bandwidth.
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Post by Wowbagger »

All duplexers have a given bandwidth, and the closer together the TX and RX frequencies, the tighter that bandwidth needs to be. You are asking about a shift of 15 kHz, which is going to hurt a bit, but since your signal is likely that wide (occupied channel bandwidth), you likely are not going to see more than a couple of dB loss.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
cbroseinak

Post by cbroseinak »

The duplexer is a Sinclair Q2220E and 154.250 is the RX freq.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Agreed. Depends on the duplexer, but you'll probably be okay.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”