XTS5k P25 RX problems

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

DC5AJ
New User

XTS5k P25 RX problems

Post by DC5AJ »

Hi,

I recently updated a XTS 5000 to host & DSP 16.00.01, no problems during the flashing. After the update was done i programmed some of the local P25 frequencies, for all of this frequencies i use the same Astro system and the same personality. Most of the channels work fine TX and RX works fine. There is only a problem whith one repeater when I transmit eveything is fine, but receiving fails, when someone transmits on the channel i can here nothing even the red led does not blink, like there is no traffic.With the same radio and old firmware R04 in it, it worked fine. At this time I have no idea where the problem is, is this a problem whith the XTS or maybe a problem with the Quantar repeater. Is there a interrelation between the firmware on the radio and the firmware running in the Quantar ? Please let me know if you have a solution or a idea to get this problem fixed. Many thanks for helping me out with this.

best regards

Alexander
DC5AJ
K8TEK
"Dark Chocolate"
What radios do you own?: Dynatac

Re: XTS5k P25 RX problems

Post by K8TEK »

It sounds like a problem with the quantar. Try listening to the repeater input.
K8TEK::Tim
DC5AJ
New User

Re: XTS5k P25 RX problems

Post by DC5AJ »

The input is fine, with another radio i can hear the output also. The problem is only in the constellation with the XTS.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”