What Other Motorola Gear Do You Have?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jim1348

What Other Motorola Gear Do You Have?

Post by Jim1348 »

Yes, we all enjoy are XTS5000s, etc. (Hey, some of us "cut our teeth" on HT220s!) Waht I want to know is what other Motorola equipment do you have or have you had in the past? Mine is pretty modest. I have:

-Motorola Defy Rugged Android Smartphone

I think that is it right now. I had a blue Motorola T shirt, but who knows where that ended up. I also had a Swiss Army type knife that had Motorola on the side. It had long since worn off, however. It was "donated" to TSA essentially in Atlanta last November when I realized it was in my pocket and I forget to put it in my checked luggage. I simply threw it away.

Anyway, does anybody here have a Motorola GPS? What about the Motorla tablets? I'll be there might even be folks here that have the Motorola Rugged Notebook computers!
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Re: What Other Motorola Gear Do You Have?

Post by MTS2000des »

I've got a Motorola DSL modem, a Motorola H720 bluetooth headset (GREAT battery life and works great with my XTS5K BluComm adapter), several Talkabout FRS/GMRS bubble packs, and an old 1965 AM/FM table radio (works great) and a same vintage mid 1960's portable AM/FM radio (also still working great).
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
mikegilbert
What radios do you own?: All of them

Post by mikegilbert »

My first Motorola item was a flip phone home cordless phone. Used to carry it around the neighborhood pretending it was a Cell phone. My first radio was a pair of Radio Shack PRS-102s GMRS radios. They were 10-channel Radio Shack branded Motorola Spirit radios (the predecessor to the Talkabout DPS). They worked brilliantly and I still miss them. They were stolen from me at some point back in 1999.
  • Secure Clear Cordless Flip Phone.
  • Radio Shack PRS-102
  • Motorola MPX200 Smart phone. The first Windows Smartphone and worst phone I've ever owned.
  • Various Talkabouts
  • Cable Modem
  • Cable Box
  • The processor in my old Mac (before they switched to Intel)
  • An assortment of Motorola National Service shirt patches
Last edited by mikegilbert on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wkr518

Post by wkr518 »

Motorola XYBOARD 10.1 tablet with MotoCast application, Motorola Atrix II on AT&T carrier with a Motorola bluetooth headset for on the road. Motorola SURFboard eXtreme cable modem at home and office and had a Roadster in-vehicle bluetooth unit until it got stolen 2 weeks ago.
nothing
JRUTA
What radios do you own?: APX6k Visar

Post by JRUTA »

Currently I only own an Astro Saber 3,

In the past I've had:
GP300
HT1000
HT1250
HT1550
MTS2000
Visar (DN version- gave it to my son)
APCOR Paramedic radio
RAZR cell phone
KRZR cell phone
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

I have had my share of Motorola Nextel/Sprint phones.. Now I have a Motorola Barrage though Verizon
K8TEK
"Dark Chocolate"
What radios do you own?: Dynatac

Post by K8TEK »

Phones
  • T2260
  • V120c
  • T730
  • E815
  • i355
  • A855
  • Droid RAZR MAXX

Consumer electronics
  • ROKR S9-HD
  • H730
  • H300
  • MR350

Commercial radios
  • HT1250 VHF
  • UHF and VHF GM300
  • W7 Astro Spectra High Power VHF
  • Astro Saber III in VHF and 800
  • XTS2500 III and XTS5000 III in UHF
K8TEK::Tim
MT2000 man
What radios do you own?: XTS5000R, Astro Saber III, I

Post by MT2000 man »

In my current Motorola Fleet :

UHF XTS5000R Model III
UHF MTS2000 Model I
UHF Visar
UHF Sp50 10 Ch.
UHF Spectra 110 Watt with A7 head

That's about it ! If I were to list all the mobiles / portables I've owned in the past, I think I'd crash the fourms lol
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

I think the OP was looking for what other non two way Motorola products..
wb0qqk
Batboard $upporter

Post by wb0qqk »

1962: Motorola X23B AM transistor radio that used a round #206 9 volt battery - Still works great.
(Got it as a Christmas present and fell asleep that night listening to "A Christmas Carol"
starring Basil Rathbone as Scrooge. Program was broadcast on KOIL 1290 - Omaha)

1965: Motorola AM-FM Stereo Console with record turntable - Still works great.

1966: Motorola Quasar 23" color television with the "works" in the drawer - In storage.
(Both stereo and tv are in wood cabinets with French Provencial legs - as is the dining
room table, chairs, coffee table, end tables, etc.)
Fator nusquam. Denego omnis. Requiro testimonium. Genero Reverto-Criminatio!"

(Admit nothing. Deny everything. Demand proof. Make Counter-Allegations!)
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

We had a couple of DCP501 home entertainment systems in my house at one time. Comcast wouldn't activate the internal cable box but they worked great for everything else. I only got rid of mine when HDMI started becoming ubiquitous.

Back in high school I made friends with the local cell phone store manager and he'd give me boxes (literally) of DynaTACs and accessories whenever I popped in. At one time I had at least 20 in different colors and variations, but I ended up tossing all but a few when the batteries leaked and damaged the guts. Never got one activated though.. a late-90s analog activation was out of my high school kid budget. :lol: If you still want to rock the retro cellular now, there is a guy on Ebay selling an activation service for CDMA StarTACs on PagePlus.

For the right price (free or next to it) I'd love to pick up a MicroCITE portable AMPS site to fiddle around with. The only hard part of getting one running would be emulating the carrier switch.
K8TEK
"Dark Chocolate"
What radios do you own?: Dynatac

Post by K8TEK »

CDMA StarTACs aren't that retro. They are more than capable of working on any other CDMA network if they allowed new activations for phones without embedded GPS.

I bet their are some still active on Verzon.
K8TEK::Tim
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Motorola digital picture frame :)
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
trumpetman12

Post by trumpetman12 »

I've cycled through the Motorola V3M and VE20 over the past 6 years (those things were tanks). Just recently picked up a Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx. Also have a Surfboard Modem running to the desktop and a cable box as well.
Doctrin
New User

Post by Doctrin »

Also i am using Motorola Defy Rugged Android Smartphone with the connection of Sun Cellular. I very happy by using Motorola Defy Rugged Android Smartphone with
Sun Cellular. So, what is your cell phone connection? Are you happy with that?

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”