GP300 5-Tone Display Question.

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

billreed79

GP300 5-Tone Display Question.

Post by billreed79 »

Just wondering what are the capabilities of the LCD display in the European select-5 version of the GP300? Can it display more than just the ch#, like an alpha-numeric tag, or even a numeric tag? I didn't see any options in the RSS to modify what was displayed. I only saw options to disable/enable certain LED's.
Thanks!
-Bill
f1uot

Post by f1uot »

Hello Bill,

The display show only the channel, and only 3 number of the select tone after press the tone on the keyboard, the scan or dtmf after push the key.

You can't display alpha numeric or numeric tag different of the channel number...
Best regards, 73's
Olivier from PARIS (FRANCE)
billreed79

thanks for the info!

Post by billreed79 »

Thanks for the information, Olivier! I was just hoping I could get it to display a frequency, or some other sort of info. I guess I will have to move up to a newer radio for that.
I still like this radio, it has very nice audio and has a very solid feel to it, unlike the Yaewood/Alincom :wink: type of portables I've used in the past. Motorola is really great stuff, but we already knew that.
Thanks again for the information.
-Bill
KC8QDR

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”