XTS/XTL 2500 Emergency Rx

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

tuckerm

XTS/XTL 2500 Emergency Rx

Post by tuckerm »

I would like to configure my radio to receive the emergency signals on Sheriff Digital and Analog. I believe the radio can make an emergency beep when another portable or mobile transmits an emergency signal.

Thoughts?
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.
Spiffy50

Re: XTS/XTL 2500 Emergency Rx

Post by Spiffy50 »

Yes this is (usually) possible. Firstly, are they conventional or trunked? If conventional analog, assuming they're using MDC1200 you can configure the MDC system for "Emergency Alarm" and this will cause a hi/low alert tone to be played when an MDC emergency is received. I have no information regarding a digital conventional system sorry.

If it is a trunked system, assuming the system transmits emergency indications (some don't), the radio will show "EMER RCV" and beep once.
tuckerm

Post by tuckerm »

Digital is conventional. Analog is also conventional MDC.

Thanks
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.
tuckerm

Post by tuckerm »

When I enable the Emergency tabs I always have to fill in the Emergency Revert. What do I put there?
Spiffy50

Post by Spiffy50 »

That's only if you're going to enable the emergency button on the radio. That field tells the radio what mode to switch to once the emergency button is pushed. Some agencies have a dedicated emergency channel/talkgroup. Assuming you aren't looking to enable emergency transmit, you can set the Emergency Revert in the MDC system to whatever you like. Once in the Conventional Personality, under the Signalling tab, there's a drop down menu next to Revert. Keep it to Selected Channel and you'll be okay (this means that if you were to transmit an emergency, the radio would stay on the channel it is on as opposed to going somewhere else).

The option you're looking for is under Radio Configuration-->Display & Menu-->Advanced. In there is a box labeled "Emergency Call Receive". Under the MDC System's "Emergency" tab, enable "Acknowledge Alert Tone" as well. I don't think this actually does anything for receiving an emergency unless it was your radio that sends it, but I have it enabled in mine so it could.
tuckerm

Post by tuckerm »

Got it. What about digital conventional? Anyone know how to configure that? Thanks.
Spiffy50

Post by Spiffy50 »

I've never tried, but I would imagine the same as analog.
tuckerm

Post by tuckerm »

Still trying to get this. Anyone have an idea for Conventional Digital?

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”