ordering parts from motorola

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

beej2001
New User

ordering parts from motorola

Post by beej2001 »

Hi all, I'm new to this board, and to commercial radio gear. I bought a couple of maxtracs on ebay and a RICK, to build a little GMRS/70cm repeater. I'd like to get the manual for the RICK, to see how to set it up, but I'm not sure how to go about ordering parts from motorola. I know the part number is 6880901Z79, but from here I'm lost. any help would be appreciated!
Al

Re: ordering parts from motorola

Post by Al »

The first step is to go to businessonline.motorola.com and set yourself up an account. Once your account is up and running, you can then order parts via the website. I checked MOL and found that the RICK manual that you want is available and orderable.
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Post by N4KVE »

There is a member here, Escomm. He has a shop in California, & has been supplying parts & radios to those who need to order them. Jeff is a great guy to deal with, & gets the job done, quickly I might add. Several of my friends [and me too] have been ordering XPR Trbo radios, & even though we live in Florida, we gladly deal with Jeff in California. His service & prices are the best. Give him a call. GARY N4KVE
WB6DGN

Post by WB6DGN »

N4KVE wrote:There is a member here, Escomm. He has a shop in California, & has been supplying parts & radios to those who need to order them. Jeff is a great guy to deal with, & gets the job done, quickly I might add. Several of my friends [and me too] have been ordering XPR Trbo radios, & even though we live in Florida, we gladly deal with Jeff in California. His service & prices are the best. Give him a call. GARY N4KVE
I second Gary's comments. I'm in Ohio and when I need Motorola parts I always call Escomm first. Jeff is very helpful and his service is fast and accurate. Urge you to give him a try.
Tom
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

Is there a minimum order amount from Motorola? Do they charge shipping?
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

No minimum order from Motorola. They will charge you at least ~$10 for shipping plus your local sales tax. If you want to run the order through me you can save on shipping, I use Priority Mail, and don't have to collect tax. Shoot me a PM if interested. Gary and Tom, thanks for your kind comments and referrals 8)
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

What they said!

In addition, unless you have a state/federal contract, reseller, etc, your going to be paying full list price from Motorola online on top of everything else. I've swtiched a couple of departments over to Jeff and do most of my personal parts thru him as well.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”