Astro25 Portable CPS 17 with XTS5K FPP FW 17

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

W1HVN
What radios do you own?: MX300 w/DVP

Astro25 Portable CPS 17 with XTS5K FPP FW 17

Post by W1HVN »

Ok, since last time I've programmed one from older CPS and firmware (I was way back in 12.xx.xx days) what's the deal?

Seems the conventional personalities are fixed and locked, no longer can I make 5 personality types and assign multiple channel assignments to these 5 profiles... Now instead seems I'm locked into channel 1 zone 1 is pers 1, channel 2 zone 1 is personality 2, and on and on as you go up through zones... I get the glasses when I either try to change the personality number, or when I try and delete a conventional personality, the "X" option is missing...

Is it me or is this some new fangled thing....
wx4cbh

Re: Astro25 Portable CPS 17 with XTS5K FPP FW 17

Post by wx4cbh »

Unlike non-FPP channels which can share common personalities, each FPP mode has to have its own personality to avoid potential conflicting field entries between modes. Disabling FPP on the zone config pages will allow you to program multiple modes utilizing the same personality.
curmudgeon.....and I like it.
W1HVN

Post by W1HVN »

When I attempt to uncheck the FPP Enable Box in the Zone menus it gives me "the glasses" and says no you can't do that...
wx4cbh

Post by wx4cbh »

I guess I should have mentioned that in order to disable the FPP you'll have to reconfigure the personality/mode assignments also so that you don't create assignment conflicts as you attempt the changes, and all that will have to be done before you can actually disable the FPP. It's not as simple as you would think to do this in an order that won't make you and the radio hate each other. In some cases it's easier on the brains of both of you to just go through and delete modes, zones, and personalities and start over, depending on how many FPP zones there are, etc. instead of trying to keep certain existing FPP/mode/personality/assignment combos.
curmudgeon.....and I like it.
W1HVN

Post by W1HVN »

Solved. Thank you.

Return to “Radio Programming”