R2001B set-up.

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jonnyc
New User

R2001B set-up.

Post by jonnyc »

Following on from my previous post,I have a couple of probs.
1) The variable voltage gain on the oscilloscope affects (seriously) the vertical position of the trace. Feels like a s/c capacitor somewhere affecting the D.C.
conditions.If someone has solved this before it might save me from re-inventing the wheel!

2) The signal on CW sounds wobbly. I've never used this analyser on CW HF before, so I'm not sure if this is a fault or just an artefact of the frequency synthesiser.
Any Ideas?
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Re: R2001B set-up.

Post by DJP126 »

jonnyc wrote:Following on from my previous post,I have a couple of probs.
1) The variable voltage gain on the oscilloscope affects (seriously) the vertical position of the trace. Feels like a s/c capacitor somewhere affecting the D.C.
conditions.If someone has solved this before it might save me from re-inventing the wheel!

2) The signal on CW sounds wobbly. I've never used this analyser on CW HF before, so I'm not sure if this is a fault or just an artefact of the frequency synthesiser.
Any Ideas?
#2 - Is the BFO pot in the off position?
#1 - Basic alignment procedure should resolve this.
Dave

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”