HT1250

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

fde302

HT1250

Post by fde302 »

I am trying to program a ht 1250 but keep getting the enter password when trying to read or write to it. This is a second hand radio so I don't know thw password. There was a post on this a while back but I am unable to find it Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.
Al

Re: HT1250

Post by Al »

If you know the CPS version that you're using and are comfortable with hex editing a value or two in the .exe file, do a search on here for 'password bypass' and you'll likely find exactly what you're looking for...the address to change with the hex editor varies somewhat between versions of the CPS, but at least one post has general instructions which would apply to any version of the Waris CPS.
Or (second method which clears the password) is to check the firmware version curently installed in the HT. If you have newer firmware available and the flash adapter to let you update the F/W, doing the update will clear the previous password to blanks.
EindhovenOne
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTS5K, 2500, XPR7550

Post by EindhovenOne »

If you don't need to save any of the codeplug data that is currently in the radio, I do have the factory tool that resets the codeplug to default. I would be willing to handle this for you at no cost and you just cover the shipping both ways. It is the eaiest and safest alternative to the hex editing if you aren't comfortable with that type of modification. Let me know via PM and we will work out the details. -E
Facta, Non Verba. Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

if you bought it off the bay write back who you got it from and ask them what the password is. If they don't know it i'd ask questions on where they got it from. but where are you located, most of us can get around that pretty easy and can tell you where the radio came from by looking at it's programming
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS

Return to “Radio Programming”