CM300 Memory Channel Help

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ICEMANTIM

CM300 Memory Channel Help

Post by ICEMANTIM »

Hello all I have a question about the buttons and Memory channels on a CM300. The local rescue squad wants to have 3 channels assigned to the buttons. I have P1 set to Revert Memory Channel 1 which is their Dispatch channel. I have P2 set to Revert Channel 2 which is the Hospital channel and they would like P3 or P4 to bring up their TAC channel. I have looked all over the net and in the help. Is there any way to do what they want. I told them I was not sure but did not think so. Thanks for any help given.

Tim
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: CM300 Memory Channel Help

Post by SteveC0625 »

We talked about doing that for our Highway Department when I set up the programming for all their new CM-300's. But, like you, I did not find any way to add a third channel to the programmable buttons.

I don't think it's doable, but would like to hear from others on the issue.
Al

Post by Al »

Other than adding a small external box with three buttons and some simple logic to drive the accessory connector's channel steering lines there's no way to add a third memory channel that I'm aware of.
ICEMANTIM

Post by ICEMANTIM »

Hello Thanks i thought maybe they were out of luck. Thanks for the info.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

I don't know this radio very well but is there a way to make one of the channels assigned to a home button to go to ch1 then ch2 and ch3 to the regular buttons?
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
Al

Post by Al »

I thought of that possibility too, Jeff. But there's no 'home' option available on the CM series like there is with the CDM series.
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

not too familiar with the CM300s, but can you have button 3 change a digital out, have a digital in set up for channel steering to 3rd channel, and bridge them?
"How do you plan to outwit Death?"
"With a knight and bishop combination; I will destroy his flank.
" --Antonious Block

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”