Syntor X9000 Programming

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

n4dxx
New User

Syntor X9000 Programming

Post by n4dxx »

Hi,I am new to the board and am trying to get my X9000 vhf re-programmed for the 2 meter band...Does any one know where i can get this done on the east coast?I am in Kentucky and would ship the radio or would it be possible to remove the Prom from the heavy unit and ship it and the control head for Programming,,Any help appreciated.N4DXX
Jim202

Re: Syntor X9000 Programming

Post by Jim202 »

n4dxx wrote:Hi,I am new to the board and am trying to get my X9000 vhf re-programmed for the 2 meter band...Does any one know where i can get this done on the east coast?I am in Kentucky and would ship the radio or would it be possible to remove the Prom from the heavy unit and ship it and the control head for Programming,,Any help appreciated.N4DXX

It would be much cheaper to pull the EEPROM out of the radio and ship it plus the control head to who ever you get to do the programming. The reason I say plus the control head is that there is a second program used to set the head up and what it displays.

You would be much better off setting up your own slow computer and doing the programming yourself. The computer needs to be under 800 MHz clock speed or so and have a serial port. No USB conversions here. You can modify the radio to add your own programming connection. You will need a RIB to go between the computer and the radio. Plus you will need one of the ham versions of the software.

Doing the actual programming is not that hard. It just takes time and learning how to navigate around the program.

Jim
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

the hardest part is going to be finding somebody that still has the programming adaptor cable that's close to you
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
n4dxx
New User

Post by n4dxx »

Sent to Brinkleys for programming..Thanks
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

HLA wrote:the hardest part is going to be finding somebody that still has the programming adaptor cable that's close to you

If you only have one radio, I would add the programming connection to the existing control cable connector on the radio end. There is plenty of room and it is not that hard to get the connector open to do the soldering.

Jim
Will

Post by Will »

n4dxx wrote:Sent to Brinkleys for programming..Thanks
Excellent choice, Andy is one of the best, and a good friend.
kc2uer
New User

Post by kc2uer »

Jim202 wrote:
HLA wrote:the hardest part is going to be finding somebody that still has the programming adaptor cable that's close to you

If you only have one radio, I would add the programming connection to the existing control cable connector on the radio end. There is plenty of room and it is not that hard to get the connector open to do the soldering.

Jim
i just got a hold of one myself and i was wondering what pins i would be attaching to in order to do that.
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

kc2uer wrote:
Jim202 wrote:

Jim
i just got a hold of one myself and i was wondering what pins i would be attaching to in order to do that.

Go to the repeater builder site and find the Motorola section on the Syntor X9000. You should find a pile of information there on both the cabling, programming, control heads and diagrams. it's not that hard to do if you don't have one of the Y cable connectors.

Jim
SlimBob

Post by SlimBob »

http://www.onfreq.com/syntorx/syntorx9k/progx9.html

All you ever wanted to know about programming a Syntor X9000.

Return to “Radio Programming”