Help building Xband Repeater CDM1250/Rick

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jay G.
Batboard $upporter

Help building Xband Repeater CDM1250/Rick

Post by Jay G. »

Hello All!

Here's the project: Crossband repeater using a motorola RICK HLN3333 and a pair of CDM1250 radios

Radio 1: Low band 46mhz Carrier squelch
Radio 2: UHF 453mhz with PL

I have the jumpers set on the rick correctly, but am having an issue programming the radio correctly.

can anyone help?!?!?!?

Thanks!
Jay Goldmark, EMT
Ex-Captain, Woodmere Vol. Fire Dept.
Fire District Communications Supv.
KC2ZHI Amateur Radio Operator
Licensed Master Electrician
Owner, Top Class Electric, LLC.
Woodmere, Long Island, NY

"Enjoy Life, it's not a dress rehearsal !!!"

guy being a guy
On Moderation

Re: Help building Xband Repeater CDM1250/Rick

Post by guy being a guy »

I'm thinking the accesory connector is not programmed correctly. I think it has a "repeater" option or something that will jump right at you when you look in the programming menu.
Also make BOTH radios the same in the prgramming of the accesory connector. If TX radio is programmed "repeater " ( or whatever ) just make sure the RX is alos programmed that way. You can't fry anything so just try what you think makes sense and try it.
Freq's are not the issue, just program what you want in each respective radio. Make sure TX radio goes to the TX radio as well - I have done that :)
I doubt your having a "desense" issue that is keeping it from repeating since the freq's are so far apart.
I NEVER mess with the jumpers when its a standard repeater setup - they come already correct and have NEVER seen one that did NOT work. Mess with the jumpers and you might create the issue.

Also I test each radio independently FIRST. Program the RX and test it . Do the same for TX. THEN connect and test as a repeater.
KB2ZTX
was jsikora

Re: Help building Xband Repeater CDM1250/Rick

Post by KB2ZTX »

It should all be in your book that came with the RICK. Use those same settings in the CDM. I have built many of these. I normally use Pin 11 and Pin 8 for CSQ/PL detect on the radios. Make sure dip switchs are set correctly in the RICK.
KB2ZTX

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”