GM300 not filtering RX PL at all.. help..

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

YWHIC
New User

GM300 not filtering RX PL at all.. help..

Post by YWHIC »

I have a used GM300 radio for GMRS (I have license).. and the programmer set it for PL tones of 127.3 for 462.625, and 141.3 for the 462.550 channels..

However my other GP350 NON-PL setup radio is able to transmit clearly to the GM300.. it seems like the PL is not working on RX at all..

I can't test the TX PL side as I'd have to flip my (below noted KW 805D around)..

Testing the GP350 with non-PL against my working/good KW 805D with PL setting I get nothing but an indicator/busy picture but no audio thru it, till I take the SQ off then I get the audio.. which is proper..

What could he have missed (if anything) in programming?? He said something about maybe prior signalling settings (that he did not check)??
Al

Re: GM300 not filtering RX PL at all.. help..

Post by Al »

If you have a yellow LED lit on the GM300 front panel the GM300 is in monitor mode. In monitor mode, the receiver ignores any CTCSS tones and unsquelches on receipt of just a carrier on the channel. Either your front panel monitor button has put the GM300 into monitor mode or you have a bad or missing ground on the hookswitch pin of the mic connector. A missing ground could be the result of a faulty mic or in the case of older mics without two contacts on the rear a missing ground on the hangup clip.
YWHIC
New User

Post by YWHIC »

I didn't think about the Mic issue till you (and others on RadioRef) mentioned it..

I tried the original Mic that came with it on a clip.. still failed.. then tried a new cheapy china Mic with the same Mic clip.. success..

Saved me a huge headache..
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

GM300 need mic hangup clip.
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Post by SteveC0625 »

Bill_G wrote:GM300 need mic hangup clip.
He's building a repeater. He really needs one of those RJ45 plugs set up as a hook/ground jumper.

I already sent him a PM offering one. Anybody else needs one, I got about 90 RJ45's in a bottle here.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”