MC2500 Program Issues

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

FMROB

MC2500 Program Issues

Post by FMROB »

Hello all, Happy New Year

I am trying to read and edit a mc2500 deskset. I have the software loaded, cable connected, and placed the MC in prgram mode (i think). The software states that is connected to the MC and than fails out about 30 seconds after that. I cant read or write the units. Am I missing something. I pressed the main red TX button, speaker, and * at the same time and it appears to come up into config mode. Any Ideas, I am going to try another laptop?

Thanks, Rob
FMROB

Re: MC2500 Program Issues

Post by FMROB »

Im going to break this thing. Any pointers. I ve tried different computers, no luck.
FMROB

Post by FMROB »

any takers on this, at frustration level code red
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Have you thought about contacting Motorola for support...???
The Pager Geek
What radios do you own?: Disney FRS

Post by The Pager Geek »

FMROB wrote:Hello all, Happy New Year

I am trying to read and edit a mc2500 deskset. I have the software loaded, cable connected, and placed the MC in prgram mode (i think). The software states that is connected to the MC and than fails out about 30 seconds after that. I cant read or write the units. Am I missing something. I pressed the main red TX button, speaker, and * at the same time and it appears to come up into config mode. Any Ideas, I am going to try another laptop?

Thanks, Rob
Are you holding the buttons down long enough? The LED's will blink (or go out) and when you release it will say "Configuration Mode"

tpg
Experienced Provider of Useless Information
FMROB

Post by FMROB »

Yes, it goes into config mode and comes up with the program menu as described in help. The software can make connection with the remote or at least it says it does and than just fails out and comes up with a can't connect message box

Is there more than one version of software?
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

MOL still shows the part# as RVN4178A, v1.0.0 so it doesn't appear to be a version issue.

Are you using a 'real' serial port, and what OS are you using? The setup files are all dated between 1997 and 2001, so you can bet it's optimized for 95/98 and anything beyond that is going to be a crap shoot. If using XP/Win7, try uninstalling and re-install running the entire setup installation under Win 98 compatibility mode.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
FMROB

Post by FMROB »

Todd, That might be it. I am using XP and I tried one on a toughbook with a real serial and 1 machine with a usb adapter. I will try to break out the 98 machine (if it still works) and give it a shot.

Thanks, Rob
cleb
What radios do you own?: CDM1250 MCS2000 HT1K Quantar

Post by cleb »

I was able to program mine using Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit on a CF-19 with a native serial port. Worked fine with my home made cable. I'm guessing you checked already, but are you sure the cable is good?

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”