Scanning ASTRO25 systems in talkgroup scan

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

laramiecountyCERT
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE
What radios do you own?: MTS2000, CDM1550 XTS5000

Re: Scanning ASTRO25 systems in talkgroup scan

Post by laramiecountyCERT »

I am going to ask a question here, I was told the system for setting all this up works ONLY on 700/800 MHz systems and will NOT work on VHF trunked? Anyone got this to work on a VHF trunked system running 9600kb CC to be able to listen to the system?

Thanks
dxon2m

Post by dxon2m »

laramiecountyCERT wrote:I am going to ask a question here, I was told the system for setting all this up works ONLY on 700/800 MHz systems and will NOT work on VHF trunked? Anyone got this to work on a VHF trunked system running 9600kb CC to be able to listen to the system?

Thanks
Not true, I used the same method to monitor a 380MHz, UHF Low and UHF T-band P25 systems and they all work fine. Given, most users on this thread seems to use this method on a "small" P25 system, it may/may not work on larger statewide systems (although I don't see the reason why it won't)
MotoFAN
What radios do you own?: Approx. 50: Moto & Kenwood

Post by MotoFAN »

dxon2m wrote:I tried a similar method Mike, but instead of creating my own trunking system and personality. I had created one conventional personality (Astro receive only, selective squelch) and assigned my control channel and voice channels using that personality.

I created a scanlist with all the control and voice channels with autoscan enabled. I was able to monitor specific talkgroup that I want using the TGRP menu key. Under my Astro systems, I would have to create a list of talkgroup IDs which I intend to monitor in order to be selectable in the TGRP menu. So far my radio will happily filter out the other encrypted stuff and only unmute on the talkgroup I selected.
Guys,

I have programmed my XTS3000 in the same manner as described above, but my radio unmutes on all talkgroups. I.e. not only on selected in menu TG as I need :(

Any ideas?

P.S.
Radio is OBT (UHF) and has latest Host & DSP firmware.
I am biggest fan of XTS2500 and ASTRO Digital Saber.
Batboard $upporter

Post by 515 »

Check under each conventional personality to make sure the "Rx Unmute Rule" is set to "Selective Squelch". If this was set to "Normal Squelch" (which is the default) it would unmute on everything.

MotoFAN wrote: Guys,

I have programmed my XTS3000 in the same manner as described above, but my radio unmutes on all talkgroups. I.e. not only on selected in menu TG as I need :(

Any ideas?

P.S.
Radio is OBT (UHF) and has latest Host & DSP firmware.
ledzep11
What radios do you own?: MT500 with MODAT

Post by ledzep11 »

515 wrote:
If you don't know the TG's, it is possible to have the radio display them as they are received. You can do this by going into Radio Configuration->Display&Menu, "Advanced" tab, and checking the box for "Talkgroup Display on Recieve". You'll need to have the personality's "RX Unumute" rule set to "Normal Squelch" to hear everything, though. The radio will display the TG in decimal format.

I couldnt get this to work on my AS. Is there a minimum firmware version or flash option you must have for this?

Another question I have is if you are monitoring a P25 Phase I 9600 12 site simulcast system using this method, will you hear all the talkgroups on the system? Or are talkgroups simulcast only in zones where there is a currently registered unit on the system?
WB4UMR
MotoFAN

Post by MotoFAN »

515 wrote:Check under each conventional personality to make sure the "Rx Unmute Rule" is set to "Selective Squelch". If this was set to "Normal Squelch" (which is the default) it would unmute on everything.
I knew this option. And YES, all personalities set to "Selective Squelch":

Other settings:

Any help will be appreciated.
MotoFAN

Post by MotoFAN »

I found a "problem". Radio has been with Monitor turned on. I have programmed Three Position Toggle to PL Disable and left it in this position :)

Shown above config tested and working fine in case with XTS3000 and Astro Trunking 9600 OBT (UHF) system.

It also should work for Astro Saber and Astro Spectra, but I am unable to check it.
immelmen28

Post by immelmen28 »

laramiecountyCERT wrote:I am going to ask a question here, I was told the system for setting all this up works ONLY on 700/800 MHz systems and will NOT work on VHF trunked? Anyone got this to work on a VHF trunked system running 9600kb CC to be able to listen to the system?

Thanks

The rumor your referring to was that Astro25 radios could not successfully use the "talkgroup scan list" method to actually trunk and unmute an OBT (VHF/UHF) 9600 system passively like the 700/800 radios can...this is incorrect. Contrary to what myself and others were wondering at the beginning of this thread, this has since been proven possible to do with UHF/VHF 9600 systems as well.
DPL

Post by DPL »

ledzep11 wrote: I couldnt get this to work on my AS. Is there a minimum firmware version or flash option you must have for this?

Another question I have is if you are monitoring a P25 Phase I 9600 12 site simulcast system using this method, will you hear all the talkgroups on the system? Or are talkgroups simulcast only in zones where there is a currently registered unit on the system?
If the system is simulcast then all of the sites transmit on the same set of frequencies, so all talkgroups are inherently transmitted over all of the sites. If the system is actually a 12-site SmartZone system, then each site has its own set of frequencies, and will only repeat talkgroups for which there is a radio currently affiliated.

I have an Astro Saber with old (5.something) HOST firmware, and this method works fine on my local 9600bps P25 system. I have noticed that the radio cannot deal with the simulcasting very well at all, though.
ledzep11

Post by ledzep11 »

515 wrote: If you don't know the TG's, it is possible to have the radio display them as they are received. You can do this by going into Radio Configuration->Display&Menu, "Advanced" tab, and checking the box for "Talkgroup Display on Recieve". You'll need to have the personality's "RX Unumute" rule set to "Normal Squelch" to hear everything, though. The radio will display the TG in decimal format..

I cant get the talkgroup display to work.. checked the "talkgroup display on receive " box. My Saber has option H14/G114 Digital ID Display , should the "caller id" field be disabled for it to display talkgroups?

Anyway, this method of scanning works fairly well for me on an Astro Saber with host R05.60.04 listening to the new P25 9600 system here, but it is definitely slow to unmute when the system gets busy.
hdralleiii
New User

Post by hdralleiii »

mike m wrote:it works just fine on astro25 9600 trunking systems also.

You don't need to set anything to NAC F7E or any nonsense like that just make sure yoiur conv personalities are set to non astro as these will be calling your astro talkgroups.

I'm Sitting here right now monitoring a 700/800 MHz 9600 baud P25 system on an xts5000 that is 75 miles south of me with the power tracking set to zero for everything, tx inhibit on and a tee connecting my antenna to my R2670 and never once has the radio affiliated.

A Very important step is to Make sure that the conventional channels which call your trunking scan list are all set for non astro receive mode other wise the radio will not unsquelch.

Also make sure that the conventional personalities which call your trunking scan lists have autoscan enabled and that the trunking personality which you are trying to scan has the same scan list as the conv personality which calls it and that auto scan is enabled it as well.

basicsally the steps are first
Set your conv menu items as follows> zone mute tx inhibit, it doesn't really matter as long as you can get to your zones and enable tx inhibit. make sure to set squelch accordingly in the conv personality which will call your trunking scan list.

You don't really need anything in the trunking menu but I usually throw something there anyway, not sure why I did it but I have zone and channel in mine and I find it works just fine.

#1. make up your astro25 9600 trunking system, I know someone will jump in and correct me that it;'s biphase 4800,
put the CC's for only one site in to keep things simple. And don't turn on smartzone, you can play with this later but for now don't complicate matters.

The only fields you need to open in the trunk system are general, 700 800 astro25 control channels and digital, leave all others at the cps defaults.

I listen to single sites only and it works very well for me. I find that setting modulation to QPSK works fine in the digital selection.

#2 make up your trunking pers with the same system as in step 1 and assign this pers to scan list 1 and enable autoscan.
put as many talkgroups in as you want in this trunk pers. The Only fields you need to open in trunk personality are general, talkgroups and scan leave all others at the cps default.

Note: if later on you want to make up another trunk pers which for instance is a 3600 digital one then make sure you have the tx voice signal type field in the talkgroup selectiion set to digital. Even though the radio isn't going to tx it needs this field set accordingly for proper receive.

#3. make up a conventional pers, lets say pers 1, set the unmute time to zero and the receive to non astro, assign scan list 1 to this personality also and enable autoscan.
NOTE: Don't set any of the conventional channels which will call your astro trunk sytem to astro mode other wise you will hear nada, simply set all conv channels to non astro and it will work fine.

Another thing I forgot. I usually use the CPS default RX frequency fo my conv channels as I have never heard anything on 851.0625 but if you get interference then you will have to change the conv rx frequency to something with no activity.

I use the CPS default of unmute/ or mute rule and this works fine for me. Don't do anything else in the conv personalities.
The only fields in the conv personality you need to touch are RX option and scan, use the cps default for all others.

You'll have some errors in scan list #1 at this point until things are all tied together so ignore them for now.

#4 in the zone field for zone 1 assign the first 16 channels to conventional pers 1, assign channel 17 to trunking personality 1 and select whatever talkgroup you want to listen to, you can also add additional talkgroups for this same trunk pers after channel 17 if you want with the same trunking pers but different talkgroups.

#5 in scan list #1 turn on talkgroup scan but don't assign any priorities. Set the trunking system to r record #1 and then go to the channel field of scan list 1 and assign the first channel as zone 1 channel 17, assign any other talkgroups you want to listen to after the first channel in this scan list for instance zone 1 channel 18 for another talkgroup of the same trunk pers.

Also I do not have any conv channels in my talkgroup scan list, only P25 trunking.

Program the radio, remove the antenna and turn the radio on and in the menu select tx inhibit.

Attach the antenna and turn the radio on and when it comes up on any channel in zone 1 it will scan the system without user intervention and no affiliation.

This method works VERY well to SCAN a P25 9600 baud system w/o affiliation. I use a very simple method that builds on these steps to hold on a specific talkgroup. Bascially I created an individual conv personality/trunking personality/scan list/zone assignment for each individual talkgroup I wanted to monitor. (some of these steps may actually be able to be shared but I created seperate ones to ensure I only get the specific talkgroup traffic I am after).

After creating each zone, I set the top knob to select zones instead of channel #'s. I label the first "conventional" channel in each zone assignment the same name as the talkgroup I want to ''hold" on. That way when I select a channel on top, I am actually selecting the zone setup for a particular talkgroup. I also set the A/B/C switch to handle the TX INHIB function. That way, when the switch is set to A, the radio auto defaults to INHIBIT ON preventing any accidental problems.

My current setup goes something like this:

Z1 = County Scan (10 most used fire and police talkgroups)
Z2 = Fire Only Scan (8 Fire/EMS Disp and TAC Channels)
Z3 = Fire Disp Tac 1 Talkgroup
Z4 = FIre Tac 2 Talkgroup
Z9 = Police Only Scan
Z10 = Police Disp Talkgroup
Etc, etc, etc.

Simply changing the top knob moves between "talkgroups" although actually changing the complete Zone. Works well and when set to a single talkgroup, all other traffic is muted and audio is passed ONLY for the specific talkgroup, just as well as if it was a regular channel on a functional trunking personality.

Regards,

Hank
ledzep11

Post by ledzep11 »

ledzep11 wrote: I cant get the talkgroup display to work.. checked the "talkgroup display on receive " box. My Saber has option H14/G114 Digital ID Display , should the "caller id" field be disabled for it to display talkgroups?
Ok, finally figured this out ...talkgroup display on receive does not work while in scan.
WB4UMR
ssd
What radios do you own?: mts2000 mod 2 800mhz,as 3 vhf

Post by ssd »

Don't u need the system key to put in the cc and talk groups. And dos it need to be a 9600 radio or will smart zone work? Thanks
Spiffy50

Post by Spiffy50 »

To do the Contenventional TG method that 515 describes, you do not need a System Key, as you aren't actually programming trunking - it is all being done with conventional frequencies.

However, to do the method Pj referred to, yes you require a System Key (or if you have an FTR version of CPS). There is a write-up on the main batlabs.com page which explains how to easily create your on syskey from scratch.

I've tried both methods on a 9600 UHF system up here, and they both work great. I prefer the "real" talkgroup scanning method personally as it works flawlessly. Just "screw up" the transmit ranges in case something goes awry and you don't actually TX onto the system.
Mopar078

Post by Mopar078 »

Has anybody tried the conventional method and been successful on either a 3600 800mhz system or 9600 700mhz? I have a XTS5000 that i can't get it to work on a 9600 system along with an XTS3000 that wont with on a 3600 or 9600 system. I have checked all the setting several times and changed several settings with no luck. I have the correct Nac and i get audio but i can't sit on a talkgroup or see the talkgroup that's talking. When i press TGRP it shows my talkgroups and gives me the option to hit SEL or PSET, when i press either it goes back to the conventional channel. Anyone else had this problem?
Last edited by Mopar078 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlashG
What radios do you own?: XTS3000, XTS5000, XTL5000

Post by FlashG »

Hi Guys I would like to pull on the wealth of knowledge I have been trying to get an XTS5000 working on a local P25 trunking system so it wont affiliate. I am trying Mike M's method of putting in one control channel which is:

RX --> 417.00 and TX --> 407.55

but I dont know what to put in for the ASTRO25 Channel settings as the default 380.00 Mhz doesnt seem to be work?

My current radio is an XTS5000 MIII
Host -14.00.01
DSP - 14.00.00
CPS - 14

Cheers

Gordon
Elroy Jetson

Post by Elroy Jetson »

OBT is easy...that's Other Band Trunking. VHF or UHF.

Once you learn the correct base freqency and offsets, you're halfway there.

But, you can direct the radio to use a non-standard tx offset. This will ensure that the radio will try to affiliate or transmit,
but on a frequency that isn't part of the system. The system isn't listening on it.

Say the right offset is 15 MHz for the system in question. So use any TX offset OTHER than 15 MHz.

OBT is the easiest of all to listen to safely...working on the assumption that you have found a way to get access.

I've found that in the cases of OBT systems, they're usually not very busy, and can be scanned very adequately using just conventional CAI mode
and scanning the system channels. The less busy the system is, the better that works.

Elroy
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Cool, so you're not only suggesting a way to get a rogue radio on a TRS to monitor communications the receiver was not intended or authorized to receive, but you're also suggesting a unique offset be used to avoid affiliating, causing one to transmit unlicensed on someone else's frequency.

Outstanding advice there, partner.
Elroy Jetson

Post by Elroy Jetson »

Well, if I were actually to attempt such a thing, I'd do other things which I'd presume that anyone who is technically competent enough to achieve this
objective would figure out on his own.

But I'll be specific about it. Drop TX deviation to zero as well as TX output to zero. You can drop the RF output on any Astro product to such low levels
that you'd be hard pressed to detect the signal a hundred feet away.

Other things can be done, too, such as enabling secure TX only with no key loaded. Under such conditions, I don't think the radio CAN transmit.

With zero power output and using conventional CAI scanning, and not using an impossible to obtain system key, this method would be ENTIRELY legal.

Elroy
MattSR

Post by MattSR »

I am under the impression that if an XTS can't affiliate to a P25 trunked system, then no audio will be heard regardless. So tricks like putting in an incorrect Tx frequency or bandsplit will still result in muted audio.
radioeng462
No Longer Registered

Post by radioeng462 »

So far this is working a bit. Sometime the first few words or the entire transmission are missed. I have it programmed exactly as instructed. Any ideas?.. It seems the scan rate is slow causing it to miss it occasionally. I am just listening to one talkgroup right now. Radio is an XTS5000 MIII CPS 15. Other that that this method does work pretty well.
w2sjw

Post by w2sjw »

I know it's been a few weeks since this thread was commented in, but I just wanted to add my experience with a large township in the next county that went UHF P25:

I set my APX up identical to the XTS5000 that was shown to me, and did the offset-TX frequency trick on the control channels.

Set the RFSS setting as low as it would go (25ms), and set the TX power to low.

I have my concentric switch set to toggle TX INHIBIT, and I leave it that way when switching into the bank with that TRS.

Unlike a 3600 Type-II system, which will start receiving the instant it hears the control channel, you have to let the APX try and affiliate once (and then I quickly re-enable the TX INHIBIT). The radio immediately starts receiving & does not appear to time-out and go silent at all (unless I leave the system & come back). I'd be interested to hear if any 2500/5000 owners can duplicate the results.

BTW - I love the fact the offset-TX & TX INHIBIT combo causes the radio to not even TRY to affiliate on 3600 systems! :lol:
Scott, W2SJW
dxon2m

Post by dxon2m »

w2sjw wrote:I know it's been a few weeks since this thread was commented in, but I just wanted to add my experience with a large township in the next county that went UHF P25:

I set my APX up identical to the XTS5000 that was shown to me, and did the offset-TX frequency trick on the control channels.

Set the RFSS setting as low as it would go (25ms), and set the TX power to low.

I have my concentric switch set to toggle TX INHIBIT, and I leave it that way when switching into the bank with that TRS.

Unlike a 3600 Type-II system, which will start receiving the instant it hears the control channel, you have to let the APX try and affiliate once (and then I quickly re-enable the TX INHIBIT). The radio immediately starts receiving & does not appear to time-out and go silent at all (unless I leave the system & come back). I'd be interested to hear if any 2500/5000 owners can duplicate the results.

BTW - I love the fact the offset-TX & TX INHIBIT combo causes the radio to not even TRY to affiliate on 3600 systems! :lol:
Scott I tried your method as well, but I am not sure if the Tower ID/RFSS ID is preventing the radio to unmute. It doesn't display "OUT OF RANGE", but it doesn't receive either.
w2sjw

Post by w2sjw »

dxon2m wrote:
Scott I tried your method as well, but I am not sure if the Tower ID/RFSS ID is preventing the radio to unmute. It doesn't display "OUT OF RANGE", but it doesn't receive either.
I've got two friends with 2500's - one that showed me the data, and my radio behaves just like his. The other friend? We can't get his to un-mute for jack.

I never knew that the system in question was a multi-site simulcast until I looked at their licenses. All of those sites are listed in the codeplug with 'default' for the preference (never seen that in any 3600 system where all sites simulcast the exact same traffic from the exact same set of frequencies).
Scott, W2SJW
Eaton90
New User

Post by Eaton90 »

What is an "Announcement group"? Is it important to set a valid announcement group to monitor talkgroups using the trunking scan method?
Our city has 9 districts and digits from 1 to 9 represent the first digit of the announcement group for a given district. The same digit is used in the TG ID of that district. For example: district #8, announcement group 800, talkgroups 1481, 1482, 1483.
I want to monitor talkgroups 1206 and 2001 (sysID isthe same for them). What announcement group do i need to set?
BTW, talkgroup 1406 (zero instead of district digit) works great with 700 announcement group...
Spiffy50

Post by Spiffy50 »

w2sjw wrote:BTW - I love the fact the offset-TX & TX INHIBIT combo causes the radio to not even TRY to affiliate on 3600 systems! :lol:
One thing to note here: Setting the TX INHIBIT option to ON will prevent the radio from transmitting anything. However, the radio's CPU will still think it is affiliating and therefore won't unmute. An example: you program in a UHF 9600 system and park it on a talkgroup, but you have TX INHIBIT enabled. Your radio won't attempt to affiliate to the system and it will unmute for some voice comms. However, after each and every voice comm it hears, the CPU knows it should be attempting to affiliate, so the radio will remain muted during those 10 seconds it thinks it should be affiliating. Even though it isn't actually transmitting, the radio won't play nice.

Just something to keep in mind, that when it comes to trunking, if the CPU "thinks" it should affiliate, the radio will behave as if it is (IE, remain muted, etc...).
sheldon

Post by sheldon »

I have properly programmed a local P25 Trunking System into an XTS5000 and I am trying the Talkgroup Scanning method as described in this thread but none of the TGs will un-mute.

I also have another zone programmed to monitor TGs in conventional and it works perfectly however when I switch between Talkgroup Scan (in Zone 1) to Conventional (in Zone 2) while a TG is active, I can only hear activity in Zone 2.

Any suggestions? I can forward a codpeplug for someone to take a look at and see if they can diagnose the problem. PM me if interested.

Cheers
Spiffy50

Post by Spiffy50 »

Which talkgroup scanning method? If you have the radio set on a conventional channel that auto-scans a talkgroup list from a 9600 system, I have found that it will only properly unmute if that conventional channel is set for Astro only receive. Setting it to mixed mode or analog for whatever reason, the radio doesn't behave as it should.
sheldon

Post by sheldon »

The method described by Mike M on the first page.
w2sjw

Post by w2sjw »

Sorry to bring up an older thread like this, but I had a few people PM & ask if I was willing to try Mike M's method on my APX. I actually got a chance today to work near one of the few Harris systems we have here, and I can roundly confirm that it works like a charm!

My local county & the one north of us are going 7.x in the next year - I was worried that I might have to sell this portable after the upgrades.

Do any of you other guys out there have any experience with Harris systems? I know Mike mentioned not to mess with the system coverage type, but I wonder if a Harris P25IP system even has the ability to operate in a 'SmartZone' style (and I was told elsewhere that all Moto-built P25 system were SmartZone by default).
Scott, W2SJW
k5rpd

Post by k5rpd »

I have been trying to use the "scanning conventional voice frequencies" of the 9600 P25 site in question and cannot seem to get this unit to receive only a single talkgroup (it unmutes on all traffic). It is an XTL5k consolette (W7, 800mhz). I'm scanning the 4 voice frequencies- selective squelch is set- ASTRO Rx only and the NAC is set to the output NAC of the system I'm trying to receive. I have tried both "Monitor On" and "Monitor Off." I have the TRGP button assigned, but when I press it and the unit display a talkgroup it mutes all traffic.
Last programmed with Astro25 mobile CPS v16.
Any thoughts? I could send the codeplug if there's anyone willing to look at it and give suggestions- (send PM)
Thanks in advance!
JJ
BIODTL1997
New User

Post by BIODTL1997 »

Sorry to resurrect this but I'm trying to do this with a Type II system (P25 voice) and am totally SOL. If someone can share their codeplug, I'd be tickled pink.

Please PM me.

Thanks!
dxon2m

Post by dxon2m »

Anyone tried the hidden talkgroup method for Phase II or X2 systems?
w2sjw

Post by w2sjw »

I've been told by a trusted source that it's impossible, due to the sync issues required by TDMA operation. My county is getting set for a Phase-II migration, pending final approval of the FCC to their waivers.

If it's truly not possible, I'm probably going to sell my 7000... :(
Scott, W2SJW
dxon2m

Post by dxon2m »

That's what I heard too, but since the radio gets all its channel and slot assignment from the control channel, may be it will work just like on a phase 1 system.
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

dxon2m wrote:That's what I heard too, but since the radio gets all its channel and slot assignment from the control channel, may be it will work just like on a phase 1 system.
I don't see why it would be any different. In scan, the radio is just looking at the control channel, which is the same for FDMA and TDMA.
w2sjw

Post by w2sjw »

I'm inclined to agree with you on this, the more I think about it.

On the APX, the only places you have to specify X2/Phase-II are in the main setup window of the system & the channel assignment table. There's no place in the talkgroup configuration setup specifying whether the TG is FDMA or TDMA.
Scott, W2SJW
otter9309

Post by otter9309 »

My APX FW was recently updated to 9.00.00 and I am no longer hearing trunked traffic while scanning from a conventional ch. If I switch over to a trunked group, it will scan all my selected TG's. The problem is I spend a lot of time on a conventional ch and still need to hear the tunked side.
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

otter9309 wrote:My APX FW was recently updated to 9.00.00 and I am no longer hearing trunked traffic while scanning from a conventional ch. If I switch over to a trunked group, it will scan all my selected TG's. The problem is I spend a lot of time on a conventional ch and still need to hear the tunked side.

My guess here is that we have caused an irritation at mother M and the software geeks have figured out how to prevent the radio from scanning the trunked talkgroup in the conventional mode. We again have probably lost out on a good thing with this newest radio firmware upgrade.

Jim
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

otter9309 wrote:My APX FW was recently updated to 9.00.00 and I am no longer hearing trunked traffic while scanning from a conventional ch. If I switch over to a trunked group, it will scan all my selected TG's. The problem is I spend a lot of time on a conventional ch and still need to hear the tunked side.
I have no problem at all on a 7000 and 7500. Might want to check the scan list setup for each zone.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
w2sjw

Post by w2sjw »

Same as PJ - I uplifted to the latest R09 & all still works well. My close friend just got his hands on a R2/800 7K, so once & for all we'll get the final answer about this working on X2/Phase-II.
Scott, W2SJW
otter9309

Post by otter9309 »

Not sure what was happening, but the last two days it's been working fine. Very strange. I picked up a second APX to see if was just mine, and both are perfect.

Thanks again for the help.
dxon2m

Post by dxon2m »

just want to confirm that the hidden talkgroup method works with Phase II talkgroup, I haven't tried X2 talkgroups yet.
otter9309

Post by otter9309 »

Not sure, I am still on a regular P25 non tdma

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”