XTS5000 Scan List Programming with FPP

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KG4INW
What radios do you own?: Not enough apparently!

XTS5000 Scan List Programming with FPP

Post by KG4INW »

I've been searching but to no avail, what exactly do I need to do in CPS to allow programming scan lists from the keypad? I'm pretty sure I've seen it in other radios on FPP zones but whenever I set PROG and VIEW softkeys, they never appear. Currently, I have scan lists programmed and am using the ABC toggle switch to turn scan on and off, which works fine but it'd be nice to alter lists from the keypad.

CPS 18
Host and DSP R19
wx4cbh

Re: XTS5000 Scan List Programming with FPP

Post by wx4cbh »

If you're already using the three position toggle switch, it can be set for A=Scan B=Blank (Scan Off) C=Scan List Program, or in whatever order you choose.

When the Scan List Program position is selected, SEL DEL RCL is displayed in the lower lines of the display above the three top buttons on the keypad.

Use the channel selector to select the channel you wish to add or delete from the scan list.

Use the SEL or DEL functions to add or delete the particular channel, or repeatedly press the RCL button to scroll and view the channels in the scan list, then press the appropriate keypad top row button to accomplish the desired function.

Flip the ABC switch back to the Blank or Scan position before the menu times out or the Bonk Monster will remind you to do so.

There are other ways to do what you want, but this method puts scan functions conveniently on one switch.

In addition, you can set 3 zone preselects by placing the radio on a zone and long pressing the 1, 2, or 3 button on the keypad until you get an acknowledgement beep, just like the preselect buttons on your car stereo.
curmudgeon.....and I like it.
KG4INW

Post by KG4INW »

OK, thanks, I'll give it a try. Just thought it was strange that softkeys wouldn't display at all after programming, yet I got no invalid fields.
Jay
Batboard $upporter

Post by Jay »

What soft keys won't display?

I sometimes will do the ABC switch, but you should be able to turn on the PROG softkey and do it that way as well. If properly configured, you can program call lists, DTMF, soft ID and scan through various sub menus.

Jay
KG4INW

Post by KG4INW »

Jay wrote:What soft keys won't display?
Hello stranger! Neither PROG nor VIEW, even though I've enabled them. I feel like I'm missing something in a personality but I'm just not sure what exactly.
KB2ZTX
was jsikora

Post by KB2ZTX »

I had this issue on another xtl...somewhere (i dont recall where) i had to delete "blank" that was in the list 3 times.
KB2ZTX
KG4INW

Post by KG4INW »

OK, some progress. I enabled unlimited phone lists for each personality I had scan enabled on. Didn't try enabling MDC call lists yet. PROG and VIEW suddenly appeared. I could then view lists fine for both but could only program phone lists. I then set the toggle switch C position to scan program enter. Finally scan program comes up with SEL, DEL and RCL but nothing works. I only get invalid bonks.

I went on to try various combinations and permutations of the above but nothing will let me edit scan lists. It must be a limitation with the FPP structure. Oh well, at least I have a nuisance delete for channels I want to stop listening to and I can still set up lists in CPS. Of course, scan on/off works fine.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

What's the entry in your scan list for non priority members? Fixed or operator select?
KG4INW

Post by KG4INW »

I'll have to check. Could've sworn I looked for such a setting but couldn't find it. I didn't have much time though, last evening.

ETA: Thanks escomm, it's on fixed right now but I'll change it to operator select. I don't have the radio with me right now but I do have the codeplug.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Sounds like that's your problem right there
KG4INW

Post by KG4INW »

That was exactly the problem. Works like a champ now, thanks. So many nuances. I'll learn one day!

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”