Codeplug Password

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

1crazymax
What radios do you own?: CP200's, CM300, Baofeng UV-5RC

Codeplug Password

Post by 1crazymax »

I purchased a used CP200, software version R03.00.04 ( if that matters), and when I try to read the radio it ask for a codeplug password. I read where you could clone the radio which would do away with the password. The radio would not clone and the password is still required. Is there anyway to get around the password to program the radio? Thanks again in advance for any comments or solutions which may be provided.

David
Al

Re: Codeplug Password

Post by Al »

Do one of the following:
1. Upgrade the CP200's firmware to the current version. IIRC R03.07.01 is current. That upgrade will clear the existing codeplug password.
2. Modify the CPS to bypass the codeplug password check according to instructions that you can find in other posts here on batboard.
3. Contact the seller and request the current password.
1crazymax

Post by 1crazymax »

If anyone could provide any further details on steps 1 and 2 above, it would be appreciated. I just use the software to program my personal radios and I'm never had to do anything to this degree. I'm using CPS R05.16. As for step 3, the radio was listed forsale stating that it had a Codeplug Password that the seller could not bypass either. I've read info on Hex workshop and WinHex and even read on an Aussie site about a free software which I downloaded called Wireshark. It suppose to monitor the info stream from a PC port and display it showing all info which would display the password in text without hacking anything... ( http://www.austech.info/communication-d ... 4082w.html ) I haven't figured it out either. Again, thanks in advance for and help with this issue.

David
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

1) A firmware update is easily done by most dealers, for a nominal charge. To do it yourself requires the RIB, programming cable, an in-line DB25 dongle with a switch to ground the 'bootstrap' line, and the firmware installation executable which is readily available to dealers on MOL, but I don't think for standard end users.

2) try reading through this thread - http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=51318

Wireshark will not help you at all in this case, as it only sniffs IP ports. So, it's good for radios such as MotoTRBO and APX units which create IP network connections when you connect their programming cables, but not for any other radios.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

Finish filling out your account to show your location and maybe there is somebody local that can help you out?
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

HLA wrote:Finish filling out your account to show your location and maybe there is somebody local that can help you out?

I can see his location in each of his post.

Jim
Will

Post by Will »

He is in Chickamauga,GA Just Outside of Chattanooga,TN
1crazymax

Post by 1crazymax »

Could anyone suggest what memory my CPS uses? I show a CPS#5184 in Winhex but it's 93,000 plus pages and I didn't think this was right.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”