HT750 and Scott Hazmat Radiocom

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jay
Batboard $upporter

HT750 and Scott Hazmat Radiocom

Post by Jay »

Is anyone familiar with the setup of this device? I've got six HT750's and a couple of these Scott Hazmat Radiocom audio accessories to troubleshoot. They are intended to mount to SCBA face masks for firefighting/hazmat operations. The radios test fine and work OK with speaker mics, but not these guys. Here is a page on the device:

https://www.scottsafety.com/en/us/pages ... ion+Device

Anyway, the issue I am having is that they will receive fine, and transmit but DON'T PASS ANY AUDIO. I called Scott for tech support and they were not helpful, advising me that they do not support this directly but offered to help me send them in for service (they are brand new).

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: HT750 and Scott Hazmat Radiocom

Post by escomm »

What kind of microphone does this thing use?
Jay
Batboard $upporter

Post by Jay »

It's a boom mic/speaker of sorts. In the picture in that link, it is rotated back.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

No I mean what kind of microphone element does it have? What's its impedance? Is there a matching transformer in the kit?
CircleBat

Post by CircleBat »

That unit was built by conspace that is now savox for scott.... sounds like you have a lower impedance element that is causing your problems.... you really shouldn't be messing with that unit or your gonna breach the certification of that SCBA!

CircleBat
Jay
Batboard $upporter

Post by Jay »

CircleBat, one of our customers brought them in for troubleshooting since they wouldn't transmit any audio. I haven't been inside of these guys, instead mainly focusing on some of the settings in the HT750 to troubleshoot.

I got a PM from a board member who helped clear it up....Both me and the customer thought that the speaker/mic were a combo unit. It seems that there is a separate microphone on it and if you talk into the right spot, they do indeed work. Thanks to all for their replies!

Jay

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”