GM300 problem

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

N1lma
New User

GM300 problem

Post by N1lma »

My GM 300 UHF has a problem. When turned on, it beeps normal but the channel indicator is not lit and no push button controls work including the channel up/down buttons. It xmits and receives on channel one fine. Any thoughts?
Jim202

Re: GM300 problem

Post by Jim202 »

N1lma wrote:My GM 300 UHF has a problem. When turned on, it beeps normal but the channel indicator is not lit and no push button controls work including the channel up/down buttons. It xmits and receives on channel one fine. Any thoughts?

Did you do any programming to it recently?
Norman
New User

Post by Norman »

I would try pulling the head off, inspect and reseat the interconnect cables.
tsunami_australia
What radios do you own?: too many to list here apparent

Post by tsunami_australia »

Broken flex? Corrupt codeplug? Rooted display board?
jry

Post by jry »

undo the two screws holding the front on and verify display connector is seated and then move onto verifying the voltages and signals on the display PCB.

Those are just push down/crimp connections into the connectors so you may have the power one worked loose.

Not sure I have ever seen a display board go dead like that but there is always a first time
N1lma
New User

Post by N1lma »

It was loose display connector! Thanks!!!

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”