VISAR speakermike jack on top connector?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

gsmendelson
New User

VISAR speakermike jack on top connector?

Post by gsmendelson »

What is the connector used for the VISAR speakermike ON TOP of the radio?

The jack looks looks like a standard mini stereo headphone one with a screw thread on top. Wiring diagrams show it to be three connector, ground, sleeve and tip.
Can I plug a regular stereo plug into it? It's for a stationary use, so I am not concerned about it falling or being pulled out.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Geoff 4X1GM/N30WJ
CircleBat

Re: VISAR speakermike jack on top connector?

Post by CircleBat »

This is a threaded 3.5mm plug that is standardized for all Motorola family of radios... you will either hafta purchase an aftermarket speaker-mic/surveillance kit from klein or pryme to fit this connector.... The other option is to purchase an OEM speaker mic from Motorola to fit the side connector or a 3.5mm surveillance kit for the connector ontop

CircleBat
gsmendelson
New User

Post by gsmendelson »

Thanks, is there a way to buy just the connector? I want to connect it to a computer.
Al

Post by Al »

Yes, you can purchase just the threaded 3.5 mm connector. It's available from a company in Jaffrey, New Hampshire. Contact Twitco Distributing at 1-800-899-8948 and ask for Everett Parmenter(or anyone who can take an order). They're not very expensive and if you have a problem PM me, I think that I have several in stock. On the web, they're at http://www.twitco.com.
CircleBat

Post by CircleBat »

If i recall,there is a cap that separates the transmit and recieve using that connector on that accessory conector ontop.. you may blow the Audio Amp due to a floating output if you hook it up to a computer...

circlebat

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”