XTS2500 sproggie on wanted frequency

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

marc-ynm
New User

XTS2500 sproggie on wanted frequency

Post by marc-ynm »

Is there a way in CPS to change LO or similar in the XTS2500 mk III ?
just so happens a weak internally generated sproggie is right on the main local frequency.
anyone point me to the right section of the CPS - if i can please ?

Mark
Jim202

Re: XTS2500 sproggie on wanted frequency

Post by Jim202 »

marc-ynm wrote:Is there a way in CPS to change LO or similar in the XTS2500 mk III ?
just so happens a weak internally generated sproggie is right on the main local frequency.
anyone point me to the right section of the CPS - if i can please ?

Mark

Been in this radio field a long time and have never heard of a "SPROGGIE". Can you please explain to me and the rest of the group just what this is.

Jim
jpa

Post by jpa »

Jim202 wrote:Been in this radio field a long time and have never heard of a "SPROGGIE". Can you please explain to me and the rest of the group just what this is.

Jim
You can't figure out based on the context that he's talking about a birdie, or self-quieting frequency?
marc-ynm
New User

Post by marc-ynm »

Yes, I've been in radio 30+ years too, must be lost in translation over the pond :)
- its a 'birdie' :) - an internally generated 'carrier' on a freq i want to monitor..
marc-ynm
New User

Post by marc-ynm »

can nobody help please ? - i i could do with 'nudging' this birdie off a freq we use...

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”