Looking for Aeroflex/IFR repair in LA area

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kato56

Looking for Aeroflex/IFR repair in LA area

Post by kato56 »

I've searched the internet and so far, the web sites that pop up are places back east. I'm searching for a company in the Los Angeles area that can repair my IFR-1600S that is failing multiple self tests which just appeared recently. If I have to, I will ship it, but it is big and heavy and I do not have the original box for it.

Thanks in advance.
Will

Re: Looking for Aeroflex/IFR repair in LA area

Post by Will »

Kato check with Wowbagger in the Test equipment Forum.
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

There was/is a fella on ebay by the name of Paul who did excellent work on the 1600/1900 series.
I think his user name is/was = rfimage. It has been a while since i have used ebay so i am really
not 100% sure on this or if he is still in business and think he was somewhere in the AZ area.
fineshot1
NJ USA
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Post by Wowbagger »

Will wrote:Kato check with Wowbagger in the Test equipment Forum.
I would just say what I always say: contact Aeroflex Service. In matters like this that's really all I can say- I am not going to antagonize a profit center of my employer.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
Will

Post by Will »

Paul at RF Image in Las Vegas. http://www.rfimage.com/‎

paul@rfimage.com

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”