XTS3000 Flashzap

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

xts3000forlife
New User

XTS3000 Flashzap

Post by xts3000forlife »

Evenin fellas, some of you may remember me from my previous topic about Smartnet operations, but I have another question! I need to update my firmware from:

Model #: H09UCH9PW7BN
R05.52.06
DSPN06.04.12
326AZN1809
Flashcode: 100004-000000-4

To the latest available. I was looking into getting it done professionaly, but I'm having trouble finding someone.
I was also looking into the "Dirty" method, or "Flashzapping". I was wondering if that was good enough for the update. All I need in the new revisions is rebanding support, will flashzapping enable this for me?

Thanks in advance!
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Re: XTS3000 Flashzap

Post by Pj »

I hate to be "that guy", but its pretty obvious that you need this all done professionally, and with an iButton.

You have a greater chance in screwing up your radio using the dirty method, and if you know about the dirty method, then you would have read on how to do it - and you'd still need the files.

And...in addition to that, if you think "flashzapping" is the way to do it, then you still really have no idea on how everything is related and how things are accomplished.

Beyond that, please read this, and why you haven't seen more help posts from a bunch of people. I am not saying that you are or are not looking to do things you shouldn't be, but in the almost 20 years Batlabs have been around, all the statements that you have made makes people nervous on what you may be trying to do, along with your experience level with radios in public safety applications:

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59617
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
xts3000forlife
New User

Post by xts3000forlife »

I understand where you're coming from, I am getting it done professionally. I was actually interested in flashzapping for the learning experience, but I can't find enough information to secure my comfort level to do it safely. In reference to the scanning post, I need the ability to PTT for the fire academy shifts. I just happen to be a nerd and rather program the radio instead of receiving the one issued by the city (aha). Luckily, as I previously mentioned, I know the system administrator for our network so he's gonna hook me up. Thanks at least for the one response, aha.
jpa

Post by jpa »

You can't do that to an XTS3000...
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

Have to agree with PJ.. You can barely program an XTS3000 and now you want to flashzap it? Will your next post be how to unbrick it?
N9LLO

Post by N9LLO »

You can't do that on an XTS3000...
N4DES
was KS4VT
What radios do you own?: APX,XTS2500,XTL2500,XTL1500

Post by N4DES »

xts3000forlife wrote:I understand where you're coming from, I am getting it done professionally. I was actually interested in flashzapping for the learning experience, but I can't find enough information to secure my comfort level to do it safely. In reference to the scanning post, I need the ability to PTT for the fire academy shifts. I just happen to be a nerd and rather program the radio instead of receiving the one issued by the city (aha). Luckily, as I previously mentioned, I know the system administrator for our network so he's gonna hook me up. Thanks at least for the one response, aha.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report this postReply with quoteRe: Xts3000 Smartnet
by xts3000forlife » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:47 pm

It's Coral Springs, not Miami.
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=209
Interesting that you said that in a previous thread that you were looking to program to the Coral Springs network, well guess what, the System Administrator is a SHE and I happen to know her personally. There hasn't been a guy running that system for around last 10 years which is when we signed our original cross-programming agreement with the City.
Pj

Post by Pj »

I was waiting for you to chime in :)
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
N4DES
was KS4VT

Post by N4DES »

Pj wrote:I was waiting for you to chime in :)
I have been watching the threads closely, in addition to my GenWatch just in case he tries to extend the programming to "other" systems. I'm pretty sure it will become an expensive door stop in the not too distant future. :lol:
Last edited by N4DES on Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Post by MTS2000des »

The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
N4DES
was KS4VT

Post by N4DES »

Pj

Post by Pj »

Since this is kind of timely, the person below is a member of several sites, for several years (including this one) and has made similar statements as the poster of this thread. You are not the first, nor the last that will ask the questions the way you have and gave similar "I'm official so help me do this please" answers.

Although the old board rules about programming of radio's on trunked systems have been loosened, this is exactly why it was generally a topic that would have been locked. In such topics, we generally know where they are going pretty rapidly.

We have heard it many times, and such poster was only looking to do things that they were not suppose to be doing. What many new users here to the forums may not realize, is that there are several members that run local and statewide trunked radio system, work for Motorola, Thales, Kenwood and Harris and keeps tabs on the goings on.

It is also a very small community and personally and/or professionally - people know each other.

These links may or may not work properly:
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013 ... ara-balmes

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
Mark C. Curran Jr. Sheriff
Raymond J. Rose Undersheriff

MEDIA RELEASE

Lake County Sheriff’s Office • 25 South Martin Luther King, Jr., Avenue• Waukegan, Illinois 60085

For Immediate Release

Date: November 27, 2013
Office: (847) 377-4254
Mobile: (847) 309-4259
Fax: (847) 360-5796
E-Mail: sbalmes@lakecountyil.gov

Waukegan man charged for racially offensive radio transmissions

On November 26, 2013 Raymond J. Kelly, 24, of the 4800 Block of Eastwood Ct in Waukegan was arrested after tampering with jail communications.

During the evening hours of November 23, 2013 and November 24, 2013 Kelly, an avid amateur radio operator, gained access to the Lake County Sheriff’s Office corrections talk group and transmitted racially offensive language. Kelly is a former police and fire explorer. He was previously arrested and charged by Kenosha County Sheriff’s Office in a similar incident. A search of Kelly’s residence resulted in the seizure of radio and other electronic equipment.

Kelly has been charged with Tampering with Communication Services (2 counts) and Harassment through Electronic Communications.

His jail bond is set at $10,000.00.

He is scheduled to appear in court on December 5, 2013.

The case has been referred to the FBI.

The Lake County Sheriff’s Office has implemented measures to prevent a future security breach.
End of Release.
Sgt Balmes
xts3000forlife
New User

Post by xts3000forlife »

That's nothing of the sort I was interested in actually, I was attempting to use the scanning method I've found on P25 forums, I have no interest in messing up any communications.
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

Ray, Ray, Ray....
xts3000forlife
New User

Post by xts3000forlife »

I'd like to conclude this thread with an apology for my dishonesty and gratitude for making me realize the severity of punishment that could of been as a result of my actions. I have defiantly learned my lesson, and shall only use my radios for conventional programming. Thank you guys, and take care.
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Post by Mfire39 »

xts3000forlife wrote:I'd like to conclude this thread with an apology for my dishonesty and gratitude for making me realize the severity of punishment that could of been as a result of my actions. I have defiantly learned my lesson, and shall only use my radios for conventional programming. Thank you guys, and take care.
Very good..

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”