Keyloading fail XTS3000 question EMC 3.55

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wazzzzzzzzup
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTS3000/astro spectra/

Keyloading fail XTS3000 question EMC 3.55

Post by wazzzzzzzzup »

hi all, ive done plenty of searching on the site on this topic before i post

i have a VHF model II 3k, when i put it in service mode i get EMC 3.55 but KG1-KG4 show none.

at first, connecting the DX loader (DES-XL) has loaded analog and P25 astro sabers/spectras no problem

the radio displays KEYLOADING, when trying to load key 0 in the loader, it eventually says fail on the DX screen.

in searching i found references to turning off CKR, so i did. in doing so i lost the menu options in the radio for multikey, but now when i load, the DX asks what key slot to load, it defaults to 0...to...0 i press load, it thinks for a moment then says FAIL.

when i first got the radio used, the encryption options were already setup in the radio by the previous owner.

in searching batlabs....
i only found one reply that was close, but not quite the same.
the one reply showed a guy having EMC 0.00 with KG1-KG4 none. but in this case i DO have a EMC rev.

am i in the same boat that no particular info was loaded into the secure module at the factory?
think about how to ENCOURAGE Motorola learning safely with GRACE.....NOT condemnation.
jmr061
was KB9KST

Re: Keyloading fail XTS3000 question EMC 3.55

Post by jmr061 »

Either you have a bad module or there is a firmware mismatch between the radio and the emc. What firmware version is your XTS?

Jason
MattSR

Post by MattSR »

Your module has no algorithms flashed into it. Plain and simple.

You need to see KG1 - DES-OFG KG2 DES-XL KG3 ADP etc....

Without that, the UCM is essentially blank.
MattSR

Post by MattSR »

Also, did it really show a KG4 or is that a mistake? The XTS3000 only supports 3 algos.
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

wazzzzzzzzup wrote:hi all, ive done plenty of searching on the site on this topic before i post

i have a VHF model II 3k, when i put it in service mode i get EMC 3.55 but KG1-KG4 show none.

at first, connecting the DX loader (DES-XL) has loaded analog and P25 astro sabers/spectras no problem

the radio displays KEYLOADING, when trying to load key 0 in the loader, it eventually says fail on the DX screen.

in searching i found references to turning off CKR, so i did. in doing so i lost the menu options in the radio for multikey, but now when i load, the DX asks what key slot to load, it defaults to 0...to...0 i press load, it thinks for a moment then says FAIL.

when i first got the radio used, the encryption options were already setup in the radio by the previous owner.

in searching batlabs....
i only found one reply that was close, but not quite the same.
the one reply showed a guy having EMC 0.00 with KG1-KG4 none. but in this case i DO have a EMC rev.

am i in the same boat that no particular info was loaded into the secure module at the factory?
I think you need to turn CKR back on, i had a similar problem once and an XTS3000 refresh was the only way to
get the ucm to properly communicate. Also you you may want to try and zero out each of the ucm ckr's. There should
be an option to do that. If you can successfully zero out a ckr then you know you have communications to the ucm.
fineshot1
NJ USA

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”