XTL/APX Accessories Compatability

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

fineshot1

XTL/APX Accessories Compatability

Post by fineshot1 »

Anyone know if the Dash and Remote Mount brackets/Ignition cables are inter usable between
the two. I know eventually i will have to remove a large number of XTL1500 and XTL2500 radios
and install in place an APX mobile and i am talking about probably in the area of 150 - 200 vehicles
and i am hoping i can avoid a lot of hassle and re-use the older brackets and ignition cables which
would make each conversion a lot quicker.
fineshot1
NJ USA
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: XTL/APX Accessories Compatability

Post by escomm »

Dash brackets yes

Brick brackets not really but you can probably swing it

Cabling is all the same
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

escomm wrote:Dash brackets yes

Brick brackets not really but you can probably swing it

Cabling is all the same
Just so we are on the same page.

Regarding brackets i am talking about Dash Mount Brackets and Control Head Brackets for remote mounts.

Not sure what you mean by "Brick" brackets - thanks for your input as any info i can get on this issue will
help me save both $ and time. Perhaps by "Brick" you mean to say Transceiver? On remote mounts i consider
the two halves to be called a "Control Head" and a "Transceiver".
fineshot1
NJ USA
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Sorry I meant the remote head brackets are the same for the heads

The brick brackets are not the same

My bad
Bigfella237

Post by Bigfella237 »

fineshot1 wrote: ~ Not sure what you mean by "Brick" brackets ~ Perhaps by "Brick" you mean to say Transceiver? ~
Yes, "Brick" is Motorola's terminology for the transceiver chassis, not to be confused with "Bricking a radio", which is a whole new ball of wax.

Andrew
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

Bigfella237 wrote:
fineshot1 wrote: ~ Not sure what you mean by "Brick" brackets ~ Perhaps by "Brick" you mean to say Transceiver? ~
Yes, "Brick" is Motorola's terminology for the transceiver chassis, not to be confused with "Bricking a radio", which is a whole new ball of wax.

Andrew
No surprise on this and leave it to Moto to change a Terminology. In Radio the term "Brick" has always been used to refer
to RF Amplifiers for example: The TPL line of mobile rf amps are the perfect example due to them being similar in size and
shape of a real brick.
fineshot1
NJ USA

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”