anything out there like the XTS4K?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

saberthree
New User

anything out there like the XTS4K?

Post by saberthree »

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any other covert radios out there like the XTS4K? I don't mean something that is meant to be body worn...I am looking for a P25 radio disguised as a cellphone. The only thing that I can find that remotely comes close, is the Motorola SL 7550 radio, but its not P25 to my knowledge, and it is targeted for hotels and so on. Any ideas? Also, I've been trying to search for history on the XTS4K, which organizations use them and so on but so far just meager information. From what I've gathered, so far, I've heard that Motorola originally made them initially for the Secret Service, but was rejected because of battery life, I'm sure other agencies picked it up for surveillance. I know that some units from the Army CID units use them, I know this because the unit at Fort Bliss ordered some and they were using them, when I was still active duty. If anyone can point out links about this unique radio, please PM me or list them. Thanks again guys

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”