Adding ADP & multi key to xtl 5000

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Radiogeek97
Batboard $upporter

Adding ADP & multi key to xtl 5000

Post by Radiogeek97 »

Hi folks
Just picked up an xtl 5000. Model. #m20sss9pwian flashed 50000 1 0000008 my Dept uses ADP multi key. I have tried for weeks to go thru Motorola and get bounced all over our sales rep has the info but tells me that the xtl is at the end of its service and support life and that APX 7500 is the only way to go. That being said I can't and don't believe that Motorola would refuse to sell me the firmware and flash update. That being said is there any outside the normal means to accomplish this. I don't care about ever sending the radio back in for service I just want to be Abel to monitor my departments 2 channels. Should I bother with this or just save up for an apx. Incase anybody wonders I am a legit authorized user and I do all the programming maintenance but being small volunteer place there is barely money anywhere
Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: Adding ADP & multi key to xtl 5000

Post by escomm »

Although the radio is discontinued it is still supported and Motorola will still sell flash upgrades. Tell your rep he can write the quote and it shouldn't be a problem. You don't need an APX to do what you want to do.
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

What area of the country are you (PM me if you want). I can try to look up the contact info for the Motorola manager that covers that area. He should be able to assist you with this.

Yes, the XTL5000 is end of life, but support (including flash feature upgrades) will continue for several years.
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Post by com501 »

This is an EASY upgrade. Any Motorola shop should be able to handle this in a minimum amount of time.

Return to “ASTRO25 Series (XTS/XTL 1500/2500/5000) Subscribers”