Quantar T5365A Power Supply

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

EagleTest_Jim
New User

Quantar T5365A Power Supply

Post by EagleTest_Jim »

I have a UHF 110 W quantar with an Onan PS that is totally dead. Absolutely nothing happens when switched on. To insure I had power I plugged the cord from my VHF quantar into it.
At any rate I have another VHF quantar, 125W version, with battery option and was wondering if the supply in it is compatible?
In reading the posts it seems that these Onan units can explode so what options does one have with a high power unit and battery backup?
Thanks,

Jim
Astro Spectra

Re: Quantar T5365A Power Supply

Post by Astro Spectra »

Direct swap and you gain battery revert.

Pop open the dead supply and check the wired in fuse on the filter PCB under the tin cover. Depending on the supply vintage you may have to drill out the rivits holding the case closed.

If you are not familiar with working on mains powered equipment take it to someone who is.
EagleTest_Jim
New User

Thank You!

Post by EagleTest_Jim »

Thanks for the information. I substituted the supply from the other VHF quantar and it works perfectly. The radio powered up, shows no errors. I hooked the laptop up and was able to read the codeplug. So far no errors so I will proceed with programming.
I gave the other supply to my tech and he will investigate to see if we can replace it. It does have rivits, it is an Onan 3-70506-0000, and we hear something rattling around in there.
Also, I found another one, with battery revert, on ebay for $52.50. It also has the 28 volts, so maybe I got lucky if it works. It was so cheap because the front panel is missing.
Again, thanks for taking the time to respond.
Jim KJ7NW

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”