Audio problem of XPR6550

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KMB

Audio problem of XPR6550

Post by KMB »

Hi buddy,

I got a problem for my XPR 6550.
I wrote a simplex channel in digital in my 2 XPR 6550s with same setting. However, when radio A transmits to radio B, radio A does not have audio but the LED in flash. When radio B transmits radio A, radio B have audio.
What is the problem?

Thank you!
ve3nsv

Re: Audio problem of XPR6550

Post by ve3nsv »

Did you use the same radio ID for both? Is the contact name associated with that channel set for a group call?
KMB

Post by KMB »

I used "All Call" and use the same ID for item?
Is it correct?
KMB

Post by KMB »

Any help~~~
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

You need to create a digital contact talkgroup (by default, the factory setting is called "Call 1" and is set for "1"), and ensure in the simplex personality that it is chosen as the 'contact name', and also that the RX group list is defined in the personality as well, for both radios.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Post by com501 »

A receive group list is not necessary for a single contact. It should be set to none unless you wish to receive multiple contact names on a single channel personality/mode.
Forts

Post by Forts »

If both radios have the same ID, they won't talk to each other.
JRayfield

Post by JRayfield »

If both radios have the same Radio ID, then they won't talk to each other. The Talkgroup ID's obviously have to be the same.

John Rayfield, Jr. CETma
W0PM
Rayfield Communications
Springfield, MO
www.rayfield.net
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Post by N4KVE »

I was issued 1 ID # by DMR-MARC. All 4 XPR ht's I own talk to each other using the same ID #. 2 radios [XPR7550] are identical clones of each other [except for ser #], & they talk to each other. GARY
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Post by com501 »

That might work under certain firmware versions, but anything reasonably current would be a no-go. This is where DMR-MARC is off base. You need to have a unique ID for each radio, and they MUST be different if you have any hope of making things work with any newer CPS and F/W combinations.

Still waiting for that unique ID-per-zone-update.....
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

FW on XPR7550's is 2.30.13. FW on XPR6550's is 1.12.11. Not the newest, but just a few months old. CPS 10.7. OTOH my friend has a 7550, & a 7580 with the same FW, & his 2 radios wouldn't talk to each other on a UHF/900 link with both radios using the same ID #. There has to be a setting that controls this. GARY
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

N4KVE wrote:FW on XPR7550's is 2.30.13. FW on XPR6550's is 1.12.11. Not the newest, but just a few months old. CPS 10.7. OTOH my friend has a 7550, & a 7580 with the same FW, & his 2 radios wouldn't talk to each other on a UHF/900 link with both radios using the same ID #. There has to be a setting that controls this. GARY
If you're getting radios with the same ID to talk to one another, you're the exception, not the rule. When TRBO first came out, it didn't matter. Our first TRBO customer, every radio ID was set to "1"...no issues. But it wasn't long, within a year, that we couldn't do that any more. There was even an FSB released about it, if i recall correctly, stating it was normal operation & unique ID's were now needed. Now, to be honest, I haven't bothered trying it again with same ID's since, so I cant say with 100% certainty that it won't work with particular firmware versions, but can say it isn't a setting within CPS that controls it.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Maybe it's the way I'm doing it. I do not program Trbo simplex freq's into the radio, since it's very rare that I need to use Trbo simplex. I will use a repeater freq, & set both radios to talk around on the output of the repeater. But many times I go to a hamfest & bring a spare radio so my friend who doesn't have a Trbo radio can talk to me, & while both radios have the same ID #, we talk through the repeater which is a Hytera if that makes a difference. I have not tried this on a Motorola Trbo repeater. GARY
JRayfield

Post by JRayfield »

Wavetar is 100% correct. Two XPR radios are not supposed to be able to 'talk to each other', through a repeater, if they are programmed with the same Radio ID. This is 'by design' and can not be 'turned off'.

But, since you're finding that you can talk between the radios, when they're all programmed with the same Radio ID's, and you're talking through a Hytera repeater, then I suspect that the Hytera repeater is 'allowing' this to happen. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

John Rayfield, Jr.
Rayfield Communications
Rayfield Communications
Springfield, MO
www.rayfield.net

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”